an68888

Confusion with colors for kitchen joinery, benchtops etc - thoughts?

an68888
2 år sedan

> We are planning to have 40mm smartstone marble looking kitchen benchtop.

> We are thinking to have sort of dark color for cabinetry (something like this : https://www.clarendon.com.au/uploads/images/5c92fe81728fb.jpg)

> Our tender has tiles for splashback.

We are confused with below options in mind:

Option A : Darker cabinetry (like shown in clarendon home link) (4) (5)

Marble looking kitchen benchtop (3)

Marble looking kitchen island (1) and white (2)

Marble looking tiles for splashback (6) but challenge here is, it will be very hard to find exact match with benchtops (3) (1).

Option B: Darker cabinetry (like shown in clarendon home link) (4) (5) and inside of island (2)

Marble looking kitchen island (top/side) (1)

Marble looking tiles for splashback (6) but it will be very hard to find exact match with benchtops (3) (1).

Option C: Darker cabinetry (like shown in clarendon home link) (4) (5) and inside of island (2)

Marble looking kitchen island (top/side) (1)

White or some other single color(?) tiles for splashback (6).

Option D: Something completely different.

Another concern is, this darker cabinetry might get outdated soon.

PS : I am also planning to either tile or wallpaper the fireplace column with color matching with benchtop as shown by (7) in the plan. Its a 2 or 3 sided electric fireplace inside a ceiling height column.

Just for ref, we are going with the modern interpretation of natural stone for the tile ...

Kommentarer (4)

• an68888
    Författare
    2 år sedan

Some inspirational photos are :

• an68888
    Författare
    2 år sedan

Hi Guys, appreciate your comments, feedback here, thanks :)

• PRO
    Foshan Yubang Cabinets
    2 år sedan

can your kitchen supplier do you a 3D rendering? I belive a 3D picture will help you a lot to find the right color you like.

mostly, we are happy to do 3D rendering for the joinery project after deposit.

however, it depends on ways of your kitchen maker's service.

• User
    2 år sedan

Basically , black and white is lazy , and has been done to death . Of your two inspirational pics , I'd go for the brown one any day , even though IMO the doors look too cheap and plasticy , but it has more colour and character , the stone is way more interesting -- in a good way -- and I think not only will it make a better impression now , but also in 20 years time . If you can get the doors to look like they have a few percent of wood in them haha , not just a plastic and adhesive and sawdust mix , it would be even better ! Similarly , that folded perspex on that hood looks tacky too , and personally if considering it , I'd go glass or ( preferably in that colour combo ) copper , with lights to tie in -- maybe just me , but why spend $20k or $30k , and then save $2k and look tacky ?

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.