webuser_14680667

antique furniture gurus- PLEASE look!

Julie
förra året

What should my asking price be for this piece? Any suggestions?

Kommentarer (12)

• colonialgp
    förra året

You could try and ask for $100. Not sure you would get it due to the nature of the piece. Not popular right now, however with long lead times for new furniture you might get more.

• functionthenlook
    förra året

I'd say between 50 - 100. The only old furniture selling well is MCM in original condition.

• Julie
    Författare
    förra året

Bummer! Thank you both!

• arcy_gw
    förra året

If you get $50 take it an run. Most large pieces go for 'you haul you get free' in my area.

• madamsdeco
    förra året

Keep and refinish ppl are doing awesome things with old furniture- the amount of storage is priceless.

• salonva
    förra året

It's a beautiful piece. (and practical). The prices suggested may be spot on, I don't know, but it doesn't diminish that it's a beauty.

• N Johnson
    förra året

Mount Airy Furniture Co. (far pricier) is not the same as Mount Airy Mantle & Table Co. (your piece) - MAM&T became Bassett Furniture. http://www.northcarolinamuseum.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=141&Itemid=150

• Julie
    Författare
    förra året

Thank you all for the info! Does help!

• Jilly
    förra året

In my area, it would go for $150-200. Vintage is big here and that’s a unique piece. I love it.

• Julie
    Författare
    förra året

Ooohh good news!

• PRO
    Healthy Home Consultants
    förra året

That’s an amazing piece! I think it definitely depends on where you’re located. If you’re close to South Lake Tahoe let me know 😆

• elcieg
    förra året

The Mount Airy Mantel and Table Company, located between South Street and the railroad, was formed in 1902 by stockholders George O. Graves, G.H. Williamson and Calvin Graves, Sr. Sometime after the 1940s, the company was absorbed by the Virginia based Bassett Furniture.

With the stamp, you can assume your piece was made before the 1940's.

Just for the fun of it, go on etsy.com and search the brand. Looks like the original paint is not in favor, but check the prices on ones painted in high gloss.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.