kamkam09

How deep/wide should bathroom pony wall be?

K A
11 månader sedan

Hi, our new vanity will butt up against a pony wall with thr shower on the opposite side. I have a tall faucet and im going to have a tile backsplash of 10” to clear the faucet. This will wrap around the pony wall as a side splash then around the remainder of the bathroom at whatever 10” above standy vanity height is. The pony wall will be the same height as this backsplash, 44”ish tall. Where im not so clear is how much out from the vanity should it project? I plan to run my backsplash tile down the sliver of wall. My frameless shower door will attatch. Ive attatched pictures that arent of my bathroom but are of what im speaking about.

Kommentarer (13)

• K A
    Författare
    11 månader sedan

Stiley, thank you so much for posting pictures of yours! I find it so frustrating, all the details to consider like the after thought of the hand towel. Your bathroom is very pretty. You did a wonderful job. I am also planning on putting my shower niche on the back of the pony wall. Do you like the glass your shelves are made of? I had planned on using quartz. Also id not seen ribbed shower glass like yours. Wow it adds style.

• stiley
    11 månader sedan

Thank you! Yes, I absolutely love that reeded glass. A couple of kitchen cabinets have that glass too. I like the glass shelves in the niche fine. The project manager insisted on using glass with clips because "you can take the shelves off to clean." The glass installation guys said they had to caulk the shelves so they weren't in danger of falling, so we can't take them off now. So at the end of the day, I wish they were a solid surface like the marble we used around the curb and pony wall, but not a huge deal. Yes, so many little details to think about!

K A thanked stiley
  • chispa
    11 månader sedan

@stiley, you could solve the towel problem by having one of the small towel bars placed higher on the pony wall OR use a hook placed higher.

• K A
    Författare
    11 månader sedan

stiley, last question, how wide is your shower door?

• stiley
    11 månader sedan

The door is 30"w and the hinges allow it to swing both ways. Good luck with your project, and I hope you'll come back and share plans and pictures!

• K A
    Författare
    11 månader sedan

Thanks i will!

• K A
    Författare
    11 månader sedan

Stiley, how deep is your pony wall?, i mean like is it 6” or 4”? and then how deep is your niche?

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    11 månader sedan
    Ändrades senast: 11 månader sedan

KA, let me show you ours.

this was the basic buildup

but since it was going to be mortarted and tiled, and topped w/marble, we added a steel cross piece to that it wouldn't wobble back and forth. keep this mind if yours will be like this

look closely and you can see the extra wood support and the cable rod diagonally

Here's the finished size. and no, I've never added any glass to the shower. it's wide enough

• K A
    Författare
    11 månader sedan

Thank you Beth. Can you tell me though how wide is the wall? I am having a thing with my contractor about how wide our curb needs to be. He says 6” but i disagree. But maybe hes saying that because pony-walls need to be wider for structural integrity? Anyway thats why im asking.

• K A
    Författare
    11 månader sedan

Also your bathroom is very pretty.

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    11 månader sedan
    Ändrades senast: 11 månader sedan

yep, it's 6". those are 2x4s you see in the pic. but by the time they did the mud (I didn't do cement board, as you can see), tile and the marble pieces, it finished out at 6". height is a bout 3'

you can show this to your guy. the 2x4 that is braced properly should be fine.

if you start w/6", by the time you tile and finish, it's going to be really thick. tell him you want a 6" finished, which is exactly what this one is. give or take

how close will your vanity be to the wall?

and thanks. if you click on my name and go to master bath redo you can see the before/afters

• stiley
    11 månader sedan

Ours is 6" finished also. And the niche is 3.75"d finished.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.