webuser_71660

Hob under eaves? Is it possible? Please help

Tani H-S
7 mÄnader sedan

Following on from my other post in Dilemma re changing a loft room kitchen around, I need to find out where I could put a hob and oven in near a sloping roof.
Feeling stressed as need to make changes asap but no idea who to ask to find out đŸ˜±
This is one of the pics I shared on my other post about the layout but I want to turn the peninsula around so it runs parallel to the chimney breast. Then ideally put the hob there. Somewhere!
Anyone any idea on the height needed above it? Can it be near that velux.? (we will put a ceiling extractor in like a bathroom one?)
Don't want it to far to the right side as thought about putting bar stools around there.
** Also.. if we do put the hob and oven in the long run then does it need to be a deeper laminate top ie 900 instead of 600? And is electric still OK? 🙈
Thank you!

Kommentarer (12)

• katlucy
    7 mÄnader sedan

Hi Tani,

Could you remove the partition wall by the door and have the units on the tall wallpapered hall wall only, a small table and chairs in front of the fireplace or against the back of the sofa which could go by the window looking towards the radiator and a tv above.

You could have some low cupboards built under the eaves for storage and display

• Tani H-S
    Författare
    7 mÄnader sedan

Hi! Thanks for replying. 😊

That partion wall sticking out is definitely coming out! It's such a stupid design and waste of space. My idea is for the sofa to go that side so you can walk around it without hitting the slope.

I've added lots more details on my other thread ie redesigning the whole kitchen but didn't want my hob post to get lost in it as I've posted lots of extra pics 😂

I've thought about a run against the patterned wall but that means leaving a larger gap between the sofa and my main idea is to move the sofa as far up near the door side as possible.

• Tani H-S
    Författare
    7 mÄnader sedan

Ps if you can find my other post and comment on it I can post some other layouts I've been sketching to see what you think

Houzz won't let you tag anyone sadly

• PRO
    AlenaCDesign
    7 mÄnader sedan

Hi Tani H-S , I would like to help you with an advice but I'm afraid your questions are not straightforward, that's why not many replied to your post. Especially, when it come to planning kitchen, you can't be approximate as mistakes will be unavoidable and contractors will charge you extra for every re-do. Generally speaking you can install electric appliances anywhere against the wall but I would suggest to draw room layout in scale, try several combinations before setting up on the final one and definitely before starting the works. If you would like to look at the layout properly, I gladly would help you. This service as not so costly as many think, especially remotely.

• Tani H-S
    Författare
    7 mÄnader sedan

No problem, thanks anyway. I can't design it until I know my limits with the hob really which is why I haven't done the floor plan yet.

• tamp75
    7 mÄnader sedan

Is there a reason why you think the kitchen will be better there than where it is? To me the ceiling slope looks way too low and will likely cut out useable space in the kitchen / deter potential buyers / renters. Separately, it is my understanding that a bathroom type fan shouldn’t be used in a kitchen as they aren’t up to the job of kitchen extraction plus are generally made of plastic as opposed to metal so not suitable for over a hob. I think building regs require new kitchens to have adequate extraction which I don’t think a bathroom fan would provide.

• Tani H-S
    Författare
    7 mÄnader sedan

Hi Tamp!

Yes we have ripped the kitchen out and either two ideas we have would work well in that space and open up the whole room. Especially removing that wall near the door.

We've got a kitchen place coming to look, but we can either do a run across the back with the hob by the chimney (and vent out or up through the roof or put a circulating one in) and the fitter suggested having a full 3/4 height f/f and oven housing under the eaves coming out from the chimney so no low headroom (as it recesses into half the unusable eaves space!) (sort of like the mock up pic I've attached but not all worktop down the left side)

It's never had any ventilation /extractor in there at any point previously so I think anything we do will be a bonus 😂

đŸ€ž

• Eileen Nixon
    7 mÄnader sedan

You would be better off checking building regs before you do anything. In such a small area just buy a multitasking microwave and a couple of air fryers, nobody wants to cook in a holiday-let! Besides everybody seems to have the magic button on their phone and hey presto food arrives on a motor bike it’s called the future at least that’s what I’ve been told.

• User
    7 mÄnader sedan

Sounds like an expensive future Eileen đŸ€‘

• Eileen Nixon
    7 mÄnader sedan

You’re right Sarah L, everything is, just think about the price of houses 20 years ago, sigh, if only!

• User
    7 mÄnader sedan

Whatever you do Tani, I know it will end up looking great as all your renovations do đŸ€©

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
SkrÀddarsy min upplevelse genom att anvÀnda cookies

Houzz anvÀnder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehÄll och det bÀsta Houzz produkter och tjÀnster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, sÄ som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.