webuser_492326828

Hi, I am working on designing my family/living room. It’s all one area

Diane Jacobs
6 månader sedan

Hi, I just put in new harwood floors and removed the ”popcorn” ceiling in my main living area. I am now trying to remodel and add some warmth and accents to the room. I would apprecaite any design ideas to make this space more welcoming. Please see the attached photos with some of my questions. Thank you!

Kommentarer (8)

• Paul F.
    5 månader sedan

That is a long way to the too-high TV. The room feels like a hallway right now. The TV needs to move to one on the short walls next to the chair (pop up cabinet) or behind the sofa... of course arranging the sofa/chair accordingly. The fireplace area need two (or four) big chairs and a card/game table. In other words, create a grand entertainment room instead of stretching out a TV room over such a big space. Hopefully we can give this dying thread CPR! Good luck.

• Iluvdark kychns
    5 månader sedan

Agree tv is too far and too high. How do you use this space other than viewing the tv? Would you entertain here? Do you like to enjoy the fireplace while watching tv or while visiting with guests? Without knowing more, including dimensions of your space, I would be inclined to define two separate sub areas similar to what Paul describes. Right now you have several disconnected items that don't speak to each other. You might also consider bringing in some sheers or drapes to warm up the windows, and adding more wood accents. You have a lot of flat two-dimensional black furniture. Placing the tv on a console against another wall is another oppty to add it would accent or a color. If you do a neutral tone rug, I would lean toward a warm neutral. After getting these larger items out of the way, you can then accent with floor plants, table lamps, artwork etc.

• Paul F.
    5 månader sedan
    Ändrades senast: 5 månader sedan

I see the room working better more like this. Your rug is too big, please don't get an even bigger one. The dog is so exhausted he couldn't make it to his bed because the room is so big.

• Paul F.
    5 månader sedan

I put him to bed.

• FF
    5 månader sedan

Love it🩷

• PRO
    Annette Jaffe Interiors
    3 månader sedan

We might suggest looking at some artwork for over the sectional, a bench in the dead area near the stairs, and maybe add some plants. The console looks way too big for the space. Is there another area for it? It might be a good idea to move it elsewhere if possible and then look at getting a chair that might go better color wise with the sectional. Once you move the console you can place the TV there under a smaller console and put it on an articulating arm so you can pull it off the wall. Here are a few of our living room designs we thought might give you more ideas.

White & Bright · Mer info

White & Bright · Mer info

Roslyn Village Condo · Mer info

• PRO
    Michelle Yorke Interior Design LLC
    förra månaden

Have you considered moving the sectional closer to the fireplace area, having part of it on the wall where the big black console is at the moment? Then you could place 2 chairs on the left near the fireplace as well. Then you could use the back area, behind the sectional, as another seating area, dining area, game area, reading area, etc. Note the sofa table behind the sectional in the 2nd photo and how there is seating behind the sectional.

Suncadia Mountain Retreat · Mer info

Issaquah Modern Family · Mer info

Echo Lake Modern · Mer info

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.