suze425

House numbers - which of these 4 choices?

Susan W
förra månaden

I'm trying to plan ahead on some of the smaller decisions...since the big ones are still knocking me on my butt!!

Which of these 4 choices do you think is best for our house numbers? Or maybe someone has another idea I've not thought of?

Note: Since the house isn't fully painted, our lantern/light is not hung, and our new door has not yet arrived, I was forced to "Frankenstein" a photo. This is our house, but parts of the photo are a cut-and-paste situation. My placement is not totally exact, but hopefully you can get the general idea of what I'm considering.

#1) Centered over door

#2) Vertical next to door

#3) Horizontal next to door

#4) Diagonal next to door

Thanks in advance.

Kommentarer (37)

• HU-187528210
    förra månaden

Option 3 💖

• D M PNW
    förra månaden

Either of the two horizontal placements. The one under the light can be read at night if the light is on. That might be desirable depending on placement of street lights.

• chloebud
    förra månaden

I like #3.

• doods
    förra månaden

• PRO
    Diana Bier Interiors, LLC
    förra månaden

#3 or #4

• ci_lantro
    förra månaden

• jackowskib
    förra månaden

I like #3 best, then #4. No guesswork in deciphering your house number :)

• Lyn Nielson
    förra månaden

of the options, #3

• djacob Z6a SE WI
    förra månaden

Option 3

debra

• S M
    förra månaden

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    förra månaden

• PRO
    Highland Builders LLC
    förra månaden

• Karen
    förra månaden

• Kendrah
    förra månaden

#3. It is easiest to read and easiest to find.

• Houzz-ID: 910663146
    förra månaden

Horizontal next to door.

But hello, since you have time, are you good with the type face and color? I like the black, but I am not sure that I am sold on the arial(?) font for the numbers.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    förra månaden
    Ändrades senast: förra månaden

I like the vertical but bigger on that house for sure I am not sure why that would be harder to read .

• Angela Young
    förra månaden

I like the vertical best and agree with Patricia on bigger numbers.

• Mrs Pete
    förra månaden

#1 is worst -- too cramped and hard to find.

#3 is easiest to read; therefore, the best.

I like the idea of bigger numbers. Make it easy for people.

• amystoller
    förra månaden
    1. Function first!
  • amystoller
    förra månaden

That was supposed to say “3. Function first!”

• lhmarmot
    förra månaden

3 easiest to read.

• ajuju
    förra månaden

I like #3.

• shirlpp
    förra månaden

Number 2 - It just looks the nicest! Vertical outdoor lighting and vertical house numbers look nice together.

• pricklypearcactus
    förra månaden

Option #3 then followed by option #2.

• Susan W
    Författare
    förra månaden

So #1 is definitely out. It's funny because that's exactly where the numbers always were on this house...from way before we owned it. But then again, it spent the time from 1963 until a few weeks ago as a red brick ranch. It has been totally reinvented!

I don't have or haven't even started to look for the actual numbers I'm going to use. They're definitely going to be black, but I want to wait on size and font until the light fixture is hung and the new door is installed and painted. It might be easier to make the final decision when all of the real pieces are in place.

I appreciate all of the input.

• Houzz-ID: 570180435
    förra månaden

# 3

• amystoller
    förra månaden

The numbers you choose could indeed make a difference! Have fun choosing.

• Paul F.
    förra månaden

Vertical! Landscaping may obscure the numbers.

• labberlover
    förra månaden

Vertical, no doubt. Keep the clean, modern lines.

• john3582
    förra månaden

3. Which one is the easiest to see. You really want people to find your house if you've invited them. Or called an ambulance. Under the light. Also is A good idea.

• daisiesandbutterflies
    förra månaden

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    förra månaden

If your job was to find house numbers, as mine was, you reallly appreciate large and legible.

• PRO
    Diana Bier Interiors, LLC
    förra månaden

Agreed, Joe. If there's a mailbox at the curb, you could have the house number on that as well.

In my town we are required to have our house numbers painted on the curb, which obviously isn't very noticeable, but it's good as a last resort if someone doesn't have the numbers on the house.

• Jennz9b
    förra månaden

• arcy_gw
    förra månaden

#3 but larger. Putting them where people expect to find them really helps as does your light right there.

• RedRyder
    förra månaden

Another vote for #3 and big numbers. Take your time to look for a font (style) you like. The black looks best. Make sure it’s easy to read from the curb.

People forget that the police, or an ambulance, need to know where you are if you call for help. Aesthetics are important, but visibility is vital.

• Susan W
    Författare
    förra månaden

As the wife of a retired police officer, he’ll be sure that no matter what we do it’s easy to see. We will also have the #’s on our mailbox at the road.

Lots of smart comments here that I appreciate.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.