houzzerpolls

POLL: Favorite Design Era

Houzz Polls
10 år sedan
senast redigerad:10 år sedan
Do you have a favorite era that inspires you?

Vote and tell us your favorite design era from the 20th century! Comment on the poll with your favorite aspect of that era to be entered in a drawing for a pair of Houzz slippers!

*One entry per person, per drawing. Entries must be posted before 12:00am Pacific Time 10/6/13. One winner will be drawn at random.
Have your own style? Tell us below!

Kommentarer (218)

• Maria Cristina R. Adkins
    10 år sedan
    Modern with classic accents, a cozy and charming environment. , Light colors, curtains, lamps and many plants (green leaves), flowers (fresh).
  • paicre
    10 år sedan
    I love the look og the dark traditional woods used in British colonial design
  • Martha Relan
    10 år sedan
    My style is modern/eclectic. I love black and white and clean lines without clutter, but I need to be able to throw in things l
    love, whatever style they are.
  • cherylanniemorgan
    10 år sedan
    Love cozy Ralph Lauren, with a dash of farmhouse. Florals and plaids, the kind of house people love to hang out in and actually will take a nap on your couch. Lots of books and a couple of rescued dogs. Throw in good food and a cold Fat Tire Beer.
  • Sharon Allen
    10 år sedan
    Not my style, but the twentieth century's first: Art Nouveau. You omitted it-and what would Tiffany done during those years without it. This is a non Tiffany decorative piece of Art Nouveau.
  • Lynda Rice
    10 år sedan
    My favourites are the English and French Revival Styles. Specifically the English Cottage, Storybook and French Eclectic.
  • PRO
    Interiors by Natasha
    10 år sedan
    Art Deco was a dominant style in design and architecture of the 1920's. Originating in Europe and spreading throughout Western Europe and North America. The Art Deco style borrows it's influences from Art Nouveau, Cubism, Futurism, Modernism, Neo-Classicism and Bauhaus.

I love everything about The Roaring Twenties --the fashion, architecture, art, automobiles, & music. The Art Deco era is most commonly associated with a sleek aesthetic, symmetrical geometric shapes, bold colors, and angular patterns like zigzag, sunburst and chevron.
  • hoffycom
    10 år sedan
    I'm liking a cottage feel....mixed in with a dash of modern. The contrast is awesome!
  • Mary
    10 år sedan
    Art Deco is for me, I have my Mothers waterfall furniture, lovely vanity with big round mirror. I painted one wall with chartreuse paint, and have black and white accents. Bought original bunker hill monument lights on either side of vanity, and a few Gerdago statues to complement the dresser. Silver frames that hold my Mum and Dad's wedding photo's from 1945. in the matching men's tall dresser. When I step in the room, I'm living in the past.
  • diyher
    10 år sedan
    arts and craft, I love big wrap around porches although I don't have a home with one. Comfy classic style with a bit of transitional
  • PRO
    Studio M Interior Design
    10 år sedan
    Mid-century modern. Hands down! :)
  • bjhd1
    10 år sedan
    Traditional is my favorite look. It speaks to me of home, family and warm feelings. Family is very important me and I want my home to say "Come inside.... Relax , be comfortable and feel loved .
  • Pam
    10 år sedan
    Edwardian or classic cottage are my "cup of tea".
  • Jeannie Nguyen
    10 år sedan
    CONGRATULATIONS to Jill Bowers-Monaco for winning her very own pair of Houzz slippers! If you missed out on this one, you still have some time to get your comments into our Celebrity Styles poll!
    https://www.houzz.com/discussions/poll-whats-your-celeb-inspired-style-dsvw-vd~675600
  • bebenaz
    10 år sedan
    I like eclectic and transitional designs. The loft and the 80s excess pictures both look good too. Yet art deco makes me feel lost and confused because of the elements.
  • Nicole Lee
    10 år sedan
    love the simplicity of midcentury modern.

congrats jill!
  • em80
    10 år sedan
    I love ornate victorian era decor. Baroque & Rococo furniture, each piece is a work of art. carved Sofas made from solid pieces of wood, tufted upholstery in rich colors & textures, cameo medallion settees, fainting chairs, conversation seats, love. it. all.
  • PRO
    wardwells24
    10 år sedan
    Eclectic blend of mid-century & Asian, they seem very compatible & serene in a chaotic world.
  • Shannon Olden
    10 år sedan
    casual eclectic. lots of rustic furniture and colours from nature.
  • treeseachanger
    10 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 10 år sedan
    Art nouveau- natural organic shapes, stylised flower, leaf and bird motifs, beautiful wooden floors, exotic timbers, silver, brass, glass décor ornaments for sparkle, artistic wrought iron work with organic shapes, fresh flowers everywhere! And touches of country without the clutter...
  • orangecamera
    10 år sedan
    I like the clean lines of MCM, but "too much" of it seems cold and boring to me. I think the best style is a mix of elements that reflect the reality of decorating and collecting over many years, as opposed to going shopping and buying everything in one day at one store.
  • User
    10 år sedan
    '20's Art Deco. Classic. All the rest? Been there - lived that - glad I made it out all in one piece.
  • PRO
    Penalva Architekten
    10 år sedan
    I really like the London Regency era, so posh and classic!
  • joansahmed
    10 år sedan
    I like the 80s excess best of what you have listed. Hate the 70's, post modern is to boring. I like the opulence of the 80's and the flexibility of style.
  • PRO
    Mark Bischak, Architect
    10 år sedan
    I like the early 1900's Arts & Crafts, Prairie, and Shingle Styles.
  • Kathy Micheels
    10 år sedan
    Arts & Crafts, Mission, Prairie, Craftsman
  • hanna1984
    10 år sedan
    OLD!!!
  • PRO
    Pizzetti Design
    10 år sedan
    Mid century modern. It has a simplicity of materials and lines, which works well with any contemporary style. Of all of them, to me that's the one that you'll get less tired of after years.
  • User
    10 år sedan
    I like them all, just don't want to live in anything all one style. I like to mix in things that strike me. Then when I tire of them I can rotate out or give away. Some items, like casegoods, are meant to be kept for a long time. Cheap tables, etc... always look cheap.
  • PRO
    Shakuff
    9 år sedan
    So many choices not on this list, but went with MCM!!
  • PRO
    FurreverYours
    9 år sedan
    From the different design eras given, I chose Mid-Century Modern. #BeSeenBeSafe
  • flufftop
    9 år sedan
    Traditional/shabby chic.... if there is such a thing!
  • Lynn & Ken
    9 år sedan

Rustic farm

• Dee Lirium
    9 år sedan

I love so many styles & eras...but any Streamline Moderne home for sale tempts me to sell everything I own and make it happen!

• PRO
    Eliot Koey
    8 år sedan

I'd love to be in the shoes of The Beautiful and Damned for a weekend ...

• mschif47
    8 år sedan

Early American Attic.

• Diana Holder
    8 år sedan

Bohemian/ Hippie Chic

• Jeannette Pompi
    8 år sedan

Farmhouse, colonial, and New England salt box styles

• susanasparker
    8 år sedan

The 1920s bungalow/cottage with front porch swing in unpainted brick. I dig the retro bathrooms with subway tile and penny tile on the floor. I really dig unpainted, stained trim work yet painted trim work is ok if it's consistent through the house. Update the fireplaces to ventless, gas logs.

Old farmhouse with wood floors and unpainted trim.

• Tatjana Grebenjuk ( Baa)
    7 år sedan

My style is modern .I love the eligance of Art Deco .

• Bev
    7 år sedan

Traditional decor and furnishings are my favorite!

• bjhd1
    7 år sedan
    A classic southern traditional style appeals to me. Comfortable furniture where families can relax and be together.
  • Heather Mac
    7 år sedan
    global village
  • PRO
  • PRO
    Mega Builders
    7 år sedan

Perhaps some combination of the first two could work...just MO

• chiflipper
    7 år sedan

Moderne....too bad there's so little of it.

• Grace O' Malley
    7 år sedan

I don't think too many 80's living rooms actually looked like that.

• PRO
    DOES Architecture
    7 år sedan

I don't have a favorite style, per se, but I generally try to take out anything in a design that doesn't absolutely have to be there. My personal style would be something approaching minimalism, but of a kind that is supportive of daily life.

• willowshome
    6 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 6 år sedan

Eclectic mix of styles. Because I like so many different styles. One style is too boring for me.

• Lizzy L.
    6 år sedan

Gustavian Swedish, Modern farmhouse industrial, and a little shabby-chic. SO tired of MCM!

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.