flbkroxie

Bathroom update

flbkroxie
10 år sedan
Now that the kids are grown, it was time to update their tired bathroom. New tile on floors and wall, a granite countertop, new plumbing fixtures, hardware, paint, and a water saving toilet. Removed a florescent light fixture in a drop down box and replaced it with recessed lighting. Decided not to replace the mirror, so I framed it instead, painting it with the same paint that I used on the cabinet. The finishing touch was a shower curtain on a track that hangs from the ceiling. Couldn't see drilling into my new tile to install a shower rod. Looks great and functions well.

Kommentarer (35)

• lovedecor1cr
    10 år sedan
    Hi, this update looks gorgeous!
  • mbapril13
    10 år sedan
    Beautiful!
  • PRO
    LB Interiors
    10 år sedan
    Fabulous job! Looks wonderful!
  • tootie2013
    10 år sedan
    Very nice!
  • dclostboy
    10 år sedan
    Wow...so much more serene and spa-like
  • PRO
    Studio NOO Design
    10 år sedan
    Really gorgeous, congrats !
  • PRO
    Stamps Design Services
    10 år sedan
    It looks great!
  • Darzy
    10 år sedan
    Yes, kudos! Job well done!
  • Ed
    10 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 10 år sedan
    Hi Roxie, Congrats ! Completely understand about not wanting to drill into new tiles ! :) Which brand(s) and model(s) are the new faucets and shower trim ?
  • PRO
    OmmaSae
    10 år sedan
    Wow! It's gorgeous!!!! Excellent job!
  • PRO
    Sustainable Dwellings
    10 år sedan
    Nice and simple.
  • PRO
    Virtus Design
    10 år sedan
    Congrats on the beautiful space update!
  • Carolina
    10 år sedan
    What a lovely bathroom you've created.
  • mkritt
    10 år sedan
    Beautiful!!
  • Annalee Stallman
    10 år sedan
    Love the shower curtain option from the ceiling great idea!!
  • PRO
    Reico Kitchen & Bath
    10 år sedan
    Smart update! Enjoy!
  • flbkroxie
    Författare
    10 år sedan
    Ed: the faucet and shower trim is from Grohe. Scott Design: I tried to do as much of the work myself as I could to save money. Total cost was a little over $5000, so everyone was happy, including the kids!
  • PRO
  • Toni Reno Colby
    10 år sedan
    So great! We just moved into a brand new home, so the bathrooms are also brand new. BUT....I love the idea of framing the plain ol mirror. Thanks!
  • Samantha L
    10 år sedan
    If love to see a photo angled to the curtain situation. My bathroom doesn't have a permanent rod and I'm looking into alternatives.
  • Annalee Stallman
    10 år sedan
    http://www.ceilingshowerrod.com/new/rods.php Samantha L I found this site....looks pretty good
  • flbkroxie
    Författare
    10 år sedan
    Yes, that's where I bought mine. Just be sure to read their note on measuring. I wanted mine to almost touch the floor (1/2"), and it ended up being too short, so I had to change to longer extensions. They were very helpful and even sent the extra extenders free of charge. Will send another photo Samantha.
  • mamadubbs
    10 år sedan
    Beautiful!! From one empty nester to another, isn't it awesome to have nice things now that the kids moved out? Love your new bathroom!!
  • flbkroxie
    Författare
    10 år sedan
    Not an empty nester yet. They keep popping back! But at least now THEY clean the bathroom. Here is another photo from a different perspective. The rod is attached to the ceiling, inside the tile.
  • mamadubbs
    10 år sedan
    We had that problem too. Then we moved and didn't give them keys ;)
  • PRO
    Brown Bros. Masonry
    10 år sedan
    Sooo nice! What a great bathroom. Love what you did with the mirror and a fantastic idea for the curtain. Not only eliminated drilling in your tile but the curtain so high like that makes the bathroom feel very spacious. Beautiful work!
  • Annalee Stallman
    10 år sedan
    I am not a fan of the tension poles or drilling into tile they aren't all that stylish these ceiling rods are more streamline.
  • Samantha L
    10 år sedan
    Thank you for the info, I'm bookmarking it!
  • Samantha L
    10 år sedan
    This is my bathroom to be (in the midst of buying my first home(!)), and I want to do something like what you've done with the curtain, I think it might work very well.
  • Annalee Stallman
    10 år sedan
    Would work perfectly!! Love the tile :)
  • Hedrick Peralta
    10 år sedan
    Great transformation! It sort of looks like a hotel bathroom!
  • flbkroxie
    Författare
    10 år sedan
    Thanks everyone for the compliments. Now off to finish the Master Bathroom! The last of 3 updates.
  • Brenda
    10 år sedan
    very, very pretty!
  • PRO
    Paradise Restored Landscaping & Exterior Design
    10 år sedan
    Great improvement! Like it very much!
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.