jleigh66

Help me pick a grout color!!

jleigh66
10 år sedan
I am using a standard subway tile with a beveled crackle finish in bone. Not sure which way to go with the grout...I have selected several. Can always do standard white, what about some of the other colors to play off the granite?

Kommentarer (18)

• touchadream
    10 år sedan
    Can't see colors well enough on the computer. Match the tile. Grout should "disappear" IMO. In this scenario, you want the granite to take center stage.
  • dclostboy
    10 år sedan
    The fourth from the left seems to blend the best
  • saratogaswizzlestick
    10 år sedan
    I like the one that is 3rd to the right as well.
  • sbrustein
    10 år sedan
    The fourth from the left is the third from the right, BTW.
  • Lainey Stern
    10 år sedan
    What is your granite? Looks like what I have.
  • feeny
    10 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 10 år sedan
    Since your granite is already busy, I'd use a grout that is either the same shade as the tile or one subtle shade darker, but in the same family. That will give a soft outline, but not a busy pattern. Here's a photo of our kitchen backsplash with "bone" subway tile and "alabaster" (one shade darker) grout. Since we were tiling a fairly large section of wall, we wanted a minimalist effect. If you want a busier pattern to the backsplash, with a more pronounced grout contrast, then go darker:
    Our kitchen renovation · Mer info
  • jleigh66
    Författare
    10 år sedan
    Thanks everyone! It has taken me over a month to select a backsplash, I about fell over when they asked me what color of grout...not another decision :-D !!
  • PRO
    LINATO DSGN, LLC.
    10 år sedan
    As others have stated, using same color as tile will make the background subway tiles blend into background and create a stage for the granite to shine. Gorgeous granite slab!
  • PRO
    Farha Syed Design, LLC
    10 år sedan
    I would also suggest the 3rd from the right. There is an epoxy agent that can be mixed in the grout mixture, which will be sealed once and not stain. You can ask them at Lowes. Mine are frosted white glass subway tiles and so a lighter color grout will be needed,
    That's what I'll be getting when my back splash gets its turn to go up on the wall after all the cabinets, counter tops have been put in place.
  • jleigh66
    Författare
    10 år sedan
    Thanks again for all your help, will select either the alabaster (a shade darker) or the soft white (exact match)!!
  • apple_pie_order
    10 år sedan
    Unusually beautiful stone. What is the name?
  • Barb Cona
    10 år sedan
    Grout should match the tile, as close as possible. I have a dear friend who always said "make the grout 'credit card thin' so it's less to clean" the grout is the only part of tile that's an issue when it comes to cleaning but not much of an issue in a kitchen.
  • PRO
    Maureen Green Kinlin Grover Real Estate
    10 år sedan
    I was faced with the same decision with my subway tile. Like posted above, the closer you get to the tile color, the more seamless will be the look. But don't go too light because it will get kitchen-grimy and be difficult to clean. The other school of thought is if you want to highlight the geometry of the tiles. A darker grout will outline each tile so you see it. This is a more vintage look, like the kitchens of the early 20th century, so you might not want that for your elegant space.
  • jleigh66
    Författare
    10 år sedan
    Thinking I will go a shade darker to give a subtle outline, I will be sure to post pictures! My granite is Alaska White although its different than any other slabs I have seen. Thanks!!
  • indianpatti
    10 år sedan
    I think you should go the same color as the tile ... outlining will negate why you chose a plain tile--so the backsplash would not look busy or compete with the stone.
  • jenniferdietrich
    10 år sedan
    Tile color - there's enough pattern in your counter that you don't want a grid effect.
  • Joanne
    6 år sedan

I find that location has a huge impact on design choices and here in northern California we see a lot of contemporary design choices with lots of white and shades of grey with charcoal. Trying to pick a grout color for my white subway tiles is a challenge because I want to introduce some grey to pick up the greys in the quartz countertops, but I don't want to see lots of grid lines as seen from across the room. It's been recommended to me to go with a grout color similar to the color of the tile, which is white, but that's an awful lot of white in a kitchen with white cabinets!

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.