brockwem

Chandelier and pendant lighting suggestions?

brockwem
10 år sedan
Hi houzz friends- I'm trying to replace the "builder grade" lighting in my new home and I'd love some suggestions. I was thinking of something like this Kichler distressed rustic chandelier in the picture for the dining room.

Thanks!

Kommentarer (40)

• PRO
    Super Organizing Solutions
    10 år sedan
    A long horizontal fixture following the lines of the table.
  • PRO
    CAM Construction
    10 år sedan
    We would suggest visiting Wisteria.com, Gilt.com and JossandMain.com. They have very pretty lighting that works with all styles and they often have great sales. We like the fixture you have chosen. To complement the size of the dining room table, you could add two of those light fixtures or one that is the same shape but a little larger.
  • PRO
    J. Latter Design LLC + Realtor
    10 år sedan
    Because your table is narrow, you cannot go too large in diameter for a round fixture. I too would look at some of the horizontal lights at Circa Lighting, like the Grovenor or the Goodman. Keep the pendants over your island in mind b/c you don't want the space to feel like it is filled with a bunch of pendants. I like the rustic chic vibe you have going, but consider something a bit contrasty, (rather than match matchy) like a darkened metal.
  • Danielle Mac
    10 år sedan
    I love the horizontal chandelier suggestion by iamjudy, and this mason jar one from Pottery Barn would bring a nice rustic touch. http://www.potterybarn.com/m/products/exeter-pendant-large/?pkey=cchandeliers Either that or varying heights of these pendant lights. They come in different colors and you can arrange the heights to create a unique piece above your table. http://techlighting.com/Products/Fixtures/Line-Voltage-Pendants/Soleil-Grande-Pendant
  • PRO
    User
    10 år sedan
    Hello mekelly,

Cute setting! You might think about a few of the following, budget depending:

From Currey and Company:
    Crest Court · Mer info

Also from Currey, the Europa, very nice and elegant:
    Williams Residence · Mer info

And the Longhope from Currey, very nice:
    Barton Creek West · Mer info

For over the island, you might think about utilizing a darker finish which would speak to your floors and create a great accent:
    Ranch House · Mer info

And these from Restoration Hardware:
    Lakeview Residence · Mer info

Best of luck with your decorating and please let us know if we can be of assistance,
    Elizabeth Cabell, ASID, CID
    Cabell Design Studio
  • PRO
    purehome
    10 år sedan
    What a beautiful dining set you have! Since you are looking for something that can parallel the rectangular table, I am attaching some suggestions that we carry at Purehome.com that would look beautiful in your room.

Happy Houzzing,

Andie P., ASID
    Interior Designer
    Purehome.com

Z-Lite Nikko White Box 3 Pendant Billiard Lamp · Mer info

Zuo Modern Shooting Stars Chrome Ceiling Lamp · Mer info
  • leelee
    10 år sedan
    You might consider removing the runner rug from under the bar stools. Looks out of place there. How would it look on the other side in front of the stove/fridge? Or in front of the door.
  • mfwolfe
    10 år sedan
    It is so hard to make good suggestions from photos, but from the photos it seems that the light fixtures are too white for the room. If you look at the room and notice this also I would suggestion a dark metal on the light fixtures with a cream or colored glass
  • PRO
    Emerson Brothers Construction
    10 år sedan
    Here are some ideas for the pendant lighting. See the picture I have attached.
  • decoenthusiaste
    10 år sedan
    Any of these appeal to you?
    Beatty 4 Light Bronze Chandelier · Mer info
    TT Linear Branched 10-Light Chandelier · Mer info
    Robert Abbey Linear Chandelier in Deep Patina Bronze · Mer info

Currey and Company French Nouveau Chandelier · Mer info
  • cjohnston
    10 år sedan
    I agree with others that your proposed chandy is too matchy-matchy. In your photos, everything in your dining area is pale. Think about picking up the dark tones of your floor in a new chandy.

Dining Room · Mer info
    brockwem thanked cjohnston
  • cjohnston
    10 år sedan
    I also meant to say that you have a beautiful home!
  • brockwem
    Författare
    10 år sedan
    Thank you everyone! This is so helpful. I'm now on the hunt for a horizontal fixture.

Also, thanks leelee- took your suggestion and removed the rug under the stools. Does it look better? Stools were only 75 bucks each at Homegoods!
  • brockwem
    Författare
    10 år sedan
    Added a rug
  • leelee
    10 år sedan
    That's what I'm talking about.
  • brockwem
    Författare
    10 år sedan
    Iamjudy- i'm bummed becuase the potterybarn chandelier you mentioned is no longer available. But love your suggestion, thank you! Anyone else have horizontal chandelier suggestions that provide a color contrast?
  • suzanne_m
    10 år sedan
    I am not sure what size you need but there are some on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/clarissa-glass-drop-chandelier
  • amended12
    10 år sedan
    Where did you purchase the rug from? It brings a nice pop to the room.
  • brockwem
    Författare
    10 år sedan
    I purchased it at Homegoods about a year ago. Thank you!
  • calmsea
    10 år sedan
    Yes to dark metal. Not this size or shape but this kind of look....
  • brockwem
    Författare
    10 år sedan
    Thanks everyone! I'm now hunting for a dark metal/ iron/ brushed nickel long horizontal chandelier. Definitely don't want to be too "matchy matchy". Send any suggestions! Here are some additional pics of the dining room. Thanks :)
  • PRO
    LBC Lighting
    10 år sedan
    Here are a few.
  • joannapoli
    10 år sedan
    I say go for it! Its a beautiful ceiling fixture! Goes well with your theme and colours!
  • anne dee
    10 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 10 år sedan
    the chandelier o similar as seen in the inspiration pic would look very nice and is unexpected
    Traditional Dining Room · Mer info
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    10 år sedan
    I like it. Anything from Restoration Hardware would work. Love the dining table.
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    10 år sedan
    Window covers roman shades would work with this style furn. Good job.
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    10 år sedan
    Cabinets lok 1980 s white wash. Go darker stain. And a bronze pulls. Lighting should be bronze . also Faucet
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    10 år sedan
    A colorful picture over cart. Tall. End chairs in a fabric print would finish look. Take cue from napkins.
  • brockwem
    Författare
    10 år sedan
    How about mini pendant lighting suggestions for the island? Do you like any of these? I like nickel because it matches the kitchen appliances and cabinet hardware. I may change out the faucet for something stainless.
  • embhomes
    10 år sedan
    I like the restoration hardware ones. Good quality.
  • brockwem
    Författare
    10 år sedan
    Thanks everyone!!
  • PRO
    Shakuff
    10 år sedan
    I agree that a horizontal chandelier would be lovely and really compliment the room's geometry! Our fused glass fixture called "Galaxy" comes to mind. Here's some that we've custom-made for client's tables to add a pop of color.

Your home is absolutely lovely! Can't wait to see the finished product!
  • Gina
    10 år sedan
    LOVE anne dee suggestion!
  • embhomes
    10 år sedan
    I say something horizontal.
  • Jessica Decker Kinzler
    10 år sedan
    I got these in polished nickel online. They're by savoy home and similar to RH and some of the expensive brands. I'm happy with them and they were under $150 each:). They also come in ORB.
  • Jessica Decker Kinzler
    10 år sedan
    photo
  • brockwem
    Författare
    10 år sedan
    Jessica- I don't see an image attached. Can you try again? Thank you!!
  • PRO
    Vastu Concepts llc
    10 år sedan
    some thing rectangular, in proportion with the table dimensions, check this link

http://www.restorationhardware.com/catalog/category/products.jsp?categoryId=cat1701013#cat1701016
  • km kane
    10 år sedan
    Not round, go for long horizontal or oval. Cool room! Great dinner space, can I come for a meal?
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.