htyser

Want to open this wall between kitchen and living

htyser
10 år sedan
Purchasing this house and I am not sure, but I think this has been make to look like a fireplace with pellet insert, but really is not a real fireplace. I want to open up this wall into kitchen/dining and put a free standing wood stove. Any experience with a fireplace that is not really a fireplace? Thoughts on the idea of opening this up?

Kommentarer (6)

• maximista
    10 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 10 år sedan
    open the wall and put a freestanding stove
  • hayleydaniels
    10 år sedan
    That looks like a pellet stove insert to me as we have something similar. We use ours to heat our entire house unless it's below freezing, and then we turn some heat on in the back of the house when we're back there. They really put out a nice heat.

If you're going to pull it out, be sure that you have the roof sealed properly.
  • PRO
    Your Mantel Company Inc.
    10 år sedan
    You may throw off the balance in your room if you remove the wall. I agree with removing the deep pantry. A smaller cabinet would open up the room.
  • PRO
    Marc Russell Interiors
    10 år sedan
    During the home inspection before you close, ask the inspector about removing the stove. The bump out closet looks like a bad add on. Good luck!
  • htyser
    Författare
    10 år sedan
    Thanks to those who have commented. Eventually I want to move the closet thing, but right now its has the washer and dryer in it! Have not figured out where else those could go as it is a very small home. Also, the corner pellet stove would be replaced with a free standing wood stove if all goes as planned. Have to price it out first.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.