tjohnson123

Decorating corner mantle

tjohnson123
10 år sedan
Suggestions for this type of mantle?? The ceiling is 9'..do I need something with a lot of height? If I use art or a mirror, will it look ok to simply lean it against the corner? Thank you...

Kommentarer (18)

• decoenthusiaste
    10 år sedan
    If you lean a mirror it will reflect the ceiling - not something you want to double. Search the box above under Photos for corner fireplace. Maybe you'll find some inspiration.
  • User
    10 år sedan
    That's a great idea, janeinfo. :)) tjohnson, I think you have a answer to your dilemma!
  • PRO
    Sustainable Dwellings
    10 år sedan
    I think I would have it framed in all the way to the ceiling with some striking woodwork and mantle.
  • PRO
    Your Mantel Company Inc.
    10 år sedan
    Don't do anything. Draw your attention away from the corner. Taller artwork on the mantel, not above it. Once you fill your room the corner will go away.
  • PRO
    Marc Russell Interiors
    10 år sedan
    What a great room! Ceiling detail is wonderful.
  • tvctoronto
    10 år sedan
    Tjohnson - what is your floor. I love the color!
  • tjohnson123
    Författare
    10 år sedan
    Thank you!! This is River Ridge birch floor, we are very excited about how it turned out.
  • tennisanyone
    10 år sedan
    I saw a tv mounted in the corner of the mantle. Looked great. I was surprised.
  • groveraxle
    10 år sedan
    Beautiful room and fabulous floor. You absolutely can lean a painting on the mantel. BTW, I finished painting your walls.
  • User
    10 år sedan
    A nice Christmas present from Grover!
  • ds2152922080
    10 år sedan
    What color is the paintu
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    10 år sedan
    Love the room. Great ceiling and floors. good job on paint. Firepl can be tricky. I would do tall pots 3 in various heights and size. Put on one corner, I like yellow with gray, but could go orange, teal, mix with one black, and white. Put another type decor item on other end. Don't over do. Find something interesting. If by the sea a seashell very large on top of 3 small books would add interest. Not sure of your style. This room could anyway you want. Match accessories to yr style. Big 40" art pieces on walls n either side. Placement would depend on furn in room. Big palms in a ceramic pot on shorter wall would work. Ikea has some great art, and pots. A area rug, even a cow hide would work in front of fireplace. Ikea has. You have great taste, room looks wonderful. Have fun.
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    10 år sedan
    Janeinfo, shows good idea.
  • mpoulsom
    10 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 10 år sedan
    I think a tv would be great there too...............you have plenty of wall space for some beautiful artwork on the other walls because of where the fireplace is.
    Either that, or get a corner cabinet built with doors on it for storage or pretties. making it look like all one piece.
  • Kristen Clayton
    10 år sedan
    I would put a bright piece of art in the corner there. Also, I would add some white frames..
  • PRO
    Stanton Designs-online design services
    10 år sedan
    I wouldn't go too tall or grand because it is a smaller scaled fireplace and it will cause it to look to top heavy. Instead of thinking big, think something smaller scaled but with a lot of detail and interest so it doesn't get lost in the corner.
  • Dar Eckert
    10 år sedan
    Consider boxing it in so that it is parallel with the fireplace front. You could also extend the brick up the wall. Hang a chandelier above it or sculpture.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.