adam_crowl

Need help for my backsplash

Adam Crowl
10 år sedan
We are trying to decide on backsplash tile and layout and its a tough decision. Our space is 7ft wide, by 31 inches high at the range hood. Standard 18 under the cabinets.

We are considering doing an accent square in the middle of rhomboid glass and stone outlined in a frame and then subway style tiles for the field. Using neutral colored tile a mix or creams, browns, ivory.

Main thing i'm stuck on right now is is 3x6 tiles do big for our space?

Something like this, my kitchen is the blue painted one.

Here is an example of what we are thinking.

Other

Kommentarer (10)

• saw2456
    10 år sedan
    Try hammered stainless steel. It sounds strange but it is beautiful. I did it with my white cabinets, similar granite and stainless range.It came out beautifully!!! you can buy the stainless in sheets custom to your backsplash measurements.
  • Adam Crowl
    Författare
    10 år sedan
    Thanks, happen to have any pics you could post?
  • PRO
    Beverly Anderson Interior Design
    10 år sedan
    I recommend a glass mosaic tile with stainless and glass tiles
  • hayleydaniels
    10 år sedan
    A 3 x 6" tile isn't very big so don't worry that it's going to overwhelm your space. Look at picture of other subway tile backsplashes and see how many tiles it takes to fill a small area.

You're looking at around 140 tiles if you figure it's going to take 10 rows to fill the 31" from the counter to the cabinets by another 14 per 10 rows across, not to mention the area behind the backsplash. I'm sure it will be beautiful. Good iluck.
  • saw2456
    10 år sedan
    here is the stainless (hammered) backsplash
  • saw2456
    10 år sedan
    i only used this behind the range, uses a multi tile (glass,textured glass,stone tile for the rest.
  • PRO
    Stone-Crete Artistry
    10 år sedan
    I can make you concrete.....
  • indianpatti
    10 år sedan
    3x6 size subway would look good .. not too big for your space.
  • PRO
    Kelly Flanagan
    10 år sedan
    I would use a smaller glass mosaic. Subway tile or anything larger might get lost in the minimal surface area. http://anticcolonial.com/en/series/Glass+Mosaics/Fashion/60/
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.