webuser_6184230

Cabinet and Backsplash Ideas

We have already bought a new counter top, but it hasn't been installed yet. I have a very little house, meaning a very little kitchen. I need ideas to modernize the cabinets and backsplash. I must add, I also have a very small budget for these upgrades.

Kommentarer (13)

• PRO
    Rustic Crafts & Chic Decor
    10 år sedan
    One way to give a quick update to cabinets that can by inexpensive it to change out the hardware. Here are some ideas for some do it yourself knobs and pulls - http://rustic-crafts.com/?p=14373
  • abbyjean
    10 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 10 år sedan
    Try removing the wooden valence and getting the new hardware on, and then step back and see if you are already happy with those two little changes. I bet you will be!
  • abbyjean
    10 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 10 år sedan
    I realize that small kitchens also have little storage, but I think it would feel larger if the counter did not have so much on it.....all lined up. Can you stack the canisters inside a cupboard and set the knives in there, too? Mount a paper towel holder by the sink, maybe on that short wall.
  • silk789
    10 år sedan
    Paint cabinets white.
    Add bold colour in vase, cook wear,towels, floor mat, new storage containers, bright curtains etc

Get a Smeg fridge!!:)
    My Houzz: Devotion Shows in a 19th-Century Belgian Home · Mer info

Eclectic Kitchen · Mer info

Marine Parade · Mer info

My Houzz: Contemporary design and retro finds meet in 1930s family home · Mer info

Shack Attack · Mer info
  • PRO
    Interior Trends Remodel & Design
    10 år sedan
    If you want to transform the look of your kitchen without to much expense try the rustoleum cabinet transformation kits. They are amazing and anyone can do it!
    I would also remove the decorative valance above the sink. And you could always remove the wall cabinets above the sink and do open shelves instead. This is a fun way to open the room up, showcase some of your favorite collections of dishes and update without much cost. Good Luck!
  • saratogaswizzlestick
    10 år sedan
    Getting rid of the the scallops and changing hardware as abbey jean suggested. Also remove items on top of cabinets and put baskets on top of fridge to hide those storage items. What does your counter look like? That will be a nice update.
  • Rachel Johansen-Knudson
    Författare
    10 år sedan
    I intend on getting ready of the ugly old balance. As of right now all my cabinet space is used up. I have turned a coat closet into a pantry to help open up storage. I can't tell you the exact color of the countertop, it's a tan and black color. Right now all my walls are a greenish color, I'm going to paint a light beige color because I wanna throw some turquoise or red in. I saw on hgtv.com somebody painted the bottom cabinets a darker color and the uppers were a white color. Would that help with size at all? Any ideas for a backsplash? And do I do did it on both sides?
  • Shari Edwards_Gross
    10 år sedan
    I'm not sure what style you are going for but I would remove the scalloped valance, paint the cabinets white, get some milk crate baskets for the top of the frig. I would see if a carpenter or family member could build an open corner shelf on the outer edge of the cabinet on the window wall. An inexpensive backsplash option would be beadboard. It would give you options to introduce pops of color in the kitchen. Especially that beautiful turquoise you mentioned.
  • User
    10 år sedan
    I love the idea of getting taller upper cabinets and painting everything to match. You could also add shelving to your laundry/water heater room to give you some more storage. I would also add a curtain to that door to hide your laundry if you don't have clearance for a door. Getting the clutter up will help tremendously. This reminds me of my first apartment and it was a nightmare to keep everything contained.
  • PRO
    Hal Braswell Consulting
    10 år sedan
    Saw a great kitchen in Fine Homebuilding's Kitchens&Baths special issue, Winter 2013. White cabinets, stove flanked with butcher block counter both sides and with turquoise subway tile for backsplash.
  • Rachel Johansen-Knudson
    Författare
    10 år sedan
    I am painting the cabinets next week. Thanks for all the input. I do have another question. Do I have to sand the cabinets, or can I use a no sand primer on them?
  • Brandi Nash Hicks
    10 år sedan
    If you use Annie Sloan chalk paint you just have to wash them good first ,no prime or sand ,it will not chip off,google it
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.