karlagallant

Awkward Living Room Layout

karlagallant
10 år sedan
I have a house built in 1962. Nothing is centered and each wall has some type of obstacle (window, fireplace or door). I’m a simple person that needs help with some type of decorating ideas. The living room is 13ft wide and 26’ long. One wall is a stone fireplace, two walls have windows (not quite centered), and another wall has a doorway (from kitchen – again, not centered). I have 2 walls painted with a rustic orange and one will painted beige, all with white trim.
My furniture is fairly new and would like to incorporate it into any ideas that I may receive.
CAN ANYONE HELP ME??

Regards,
KLG

Kommentarer (2)

• PRO
    The Practical Decorator
    10 år sedan
    First let me say when you paint a few wall and not all it is going to make the room appear smaller. I you paint the fireplace that would be great. However if you choose not to paint it then pick a color closer to the color of the brick. You want to create a shell for the room. I think you will like it better. Furniture arrangement in this room is critical. Right now the chair is blocking the fireplace. I did not see the sofa in these pics. where is it? Or is there one? I need to see more.
    karlagallant thanked The Practical Decorator
  • karlagallant
    Författare
    10 år sedan
    Here is another picture of my chairs along with the sofa...I have moved the chairs back to each end of the sofa. If I paint the fireplace, what color might you suggest? I'm assuming that the orange is not the color I should have chosen?
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.