sparker

Natural Stone Kitchen Sink

Sue Khoury
10 år sedan
I am building a new home that will have our main kitchen sink in the island, not ideal, but works best for the layout. I would love to integrate the sink more with the island and am considering a sink of the same calcutta marble as the countertop. I have been warned about staining and am very concerned - washing beets in this sink could be a nightmare. BUT, I saw a "sources" note where the stone sink had a stainless steel bottom?? Could this be our answer. Anyone know a fabricator or have good/bad experience?

Kommentarer (5)

• PRO
    Northshore Kitchens Plus
    10 år sedan
    You Might want to entertain the idea of a contrasting slate sink or a farm sink made out of a non-porous material, i.e. Cambria or Caesarstone.
  • User
    10 år sedan
    I think a marble sink in a kitchen is a disaster waiting to happen. Not only will you have issues with food stains, but you will have issues with cleaning products that you use in other areas of the house that aren't safe for marble (ie vinegar on wood floors). It might be okay for a powder room that gets minimal use, but never in a kitchen. I love marble and have it in two bathrooms and would use it on a kitchen counter, but there are limits. I think this is one of them.
  • ruthjanetkemp
    10 år sedan
    I love marble....have it everywhere in my home, in spite of my obsessive care of my counters they stain. Shocking how much they are altered even with great care. I would do the countertops again in a minute, but would caution you on the sink idea....even a stainless steel bottom. I went with a beautiful porcelain farm sink at the window and a stainless deep sink on my island where the work is done.
  • PRO
    Sue Khoury
    Författare
    10 år sedan
    Thank you so much everyone, I love the look, but you have confirmed my fears.
  • User
    10 år sedan
    After your question, I searched the houzz photos for marble sinks. I was shocked to see how many there were. I'm hoping these are in designer showcase homes and not design choices made by real people.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.