karinalucas

How can I get some "wow" in this wall ?

karinalucas
10 år sedan
I have this free standing wall that separates my living room from my dining room. The living room side has an electric fireplace insert. I have tried looking for tiles to put up but have not found anything I liked. As is, I find the wall boring and its missing something but I just can't figure out what.

Kommentarer (20)

• imjustadream
    10 år sedan
    What color are these chairs?
  • lolomrmr
    10 år sedan
    You can cover it with stone but dark one or wood I think it 'll be great
  • PRO
    Twelve O'clock Dream
    10 år sedan
    How about painting some wall art from Twelve O'Clock Dream directly on the wall?
  • jazzak
    10 år sedan
    put a nice round hole in it... that should do the trick..
  • karinalucas
    Författare
    10 år sedan
    The chairs are made of a tweed fabric , dark brown, black and beige in color.
  • User
    10 år sedan
    I'm not what your aesthetic is but I'm attaching several ideas that might get you started. They are all over the place style wise but it may spark something else to give you at least an idea of where you might want to go.

[houzz=
    Fireplace Wall · Mer info
    ]

[houzz=
    Kiehl - Harbor Oaks · Mer info
    ]

[houzz=
    Cat Mountain Residence · Mer info
    ]

[houzz=
    Ruess St · Mer info
    ]

[houzz=
    Rooms to Inspire by the Sea by Annie Kelly beach homes houses · Mer info
    ]

[houzz=
    NYC Loft · Mer info
    ]

[houzz=
    Modern Hawaii · Mer info
    ]
  • User
    10 år sedan
    Obviously, all these are in different settings than yours but the ideas are adaptable. I think the problem you're having is that you have a lot of blank space on the wall and are feeling a bit lost. It would be helpful to have pics of the surrounding areas as well as to know your color preferences.
  • User
    10 år sedan
    If some of these seem a bit strange or you don't understand what I'm seeing, please feel free to ask.
  • eastcoastshopper
    10 år sedan
    I think covering the wall, both sides, in stone would look fabulous. I would also consider moving the fireplace insert down and adding either a mantel or some artwork. Artwork (maybe hanging wrought iron sculpture) for the dining side.
  • Erick
    10 år sedan
    A see through fire place could look pretty great! Have a fire while eating dinner and move over to the living room for some desert!!
  • PRO
    Puma Marble Company
    10 år sedan
    I agree with eastcoastshopper! If you can't move the fireplace down, add a ledger stone to all four sides, be sure to get your colors right as it is hard to tell what your wall colors are. Keep it sleek or add some texture, there are so many different stone surfaces that would be beautiful. Good luck!
  • raisinet
    10 år sedan
    Perfect wall for stencil. Interesting, easy, cheap, and quick to undo if you don't like it.
  • imjustadream
    10 år sedan
    Try a teal with some cappuccino accessories. Or the other way around
  • PRO
    Pepe Calderin Design- Modern Interior Design
    10 år sedan
    There are many things you can do . You make sure that is not only the face you do and that you cover all 4 sides of the wall so it becomes a form and not some decorative wall
    Paint, wall paper, glass, stone, tile, mosaic , wood,. What ever you do make sure you love and that it goes with rest of the house
  • PRO
    Artworks by Marcine, LLC
    10 år sedan
    I have done accent walls like this for many of my clients using a faux treatment. Please visit my website www.artworksbymarcine.com and visit the "faux" portfolio. That wall can turn into a work of art!
  • PRO
    Twintree Interiors Inc.
    10 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 10 år sedan
    @Karinalucas I have attached a pic of a fireplace that we installed a quartz ledgestone tile that wraps around all four sides. Hope this can help you with your dilemma and give you a visual.
  • pcmom1
    10 år sedan
    Paint it one of the colors from the painting. Maybe the red. Paint for that small an area costs almost nothing, and, certainly isn't permanent.
  • Geneviève
    10 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 10 år sedan
    About this the night in Venice + the glow of the fireplace .

Gondola Wallpaper, CS-Blue · Mer info

Murano Glass Vases · Mer info

something like this one for under the picture
    A.R.T. Furniture Intrigue Sideboard · Mer info
  • PRO
    Twintree Interiors Inc.
    10 år sedan
    Sorry that was a terrible picture. Here is a better one.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.