robinbvilter

Pre-fab bathroom vanities or custom? Budget and quality concerns.

I am trying to decide which is the better way to go for a large double sink console in 2 bathrooms. Both consoles would be over 70". Looking at Restoration Hardware and others available online. But, I am beginning to wonder if I would be better off having my builder put this together for me. I am trying to save every dollar I can, but I do not like cabinets that feel cheap.

Kommentarer (8)

• PRO
    Creative Visual Concepts, Kevin Strader
    10 år sedan
    You can get good quality cabinets that aren't cheap (in materials or cost) but they will still probably be less than custom.
  • PRO
    Cabinets & Granite Direct
    10 år sedan
    The second picture looks much better than the first one.
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    10 år sedan
    I don't like the round mirrors but I like the vanity in the first picture and taht surprises me as I love very contempory as a rule. If you go with the first i would go with one large rectangular mirror with silver leaf frame and the lights will have to be much larger, maybe with some crystals.
  • PRO
    Northshore Kitchens Plus
    10 år sedan
    You'll get what you pay for! Sound familiar. I'm sure you want to do this only once. Don't make the mistake of throwing money down the toilet. Read the manufacturers specification of what they are made of and how they are put together. If you are buying something premade, just make sure that they will meet your expectations. There are some good ones out there but they won't be cheap. I don't know where you are located but check out bertch.com or versinity.com. These are a couple of ones that I use when a customer doesn't want custom cabinets and you might find something that appeals to you. I can have them shipped almost anywhere in the U.S. Good Luck, Ken
  • PRO
    Shuler Architecture
    10 år sedan
    Almost all of my clients end up purchasing their bath vanities rather than going the custom route. Like you, they go through the price vs. quality debate and it seems price almost always wins. Custom bath vanities are just expensive.

If you search online you can find a lot of vanities out there in the ethernet. It seems that the second pic you posted should be readily available. Restoration hardware is overpriced and I would look elsewhere. I don't mid paying a fair price for a good cabinet but their mark-up is extreme.
  • heatherwillis
    9 år sedan

We're wondering the same thing. Robin, what did you decide?

• Sarah Wander
    6 år sedan

its versiniti

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.