kisd81

Need help with finishes in kitchen!!

kisd81
10 år sedan
My kitchen cabinets are deadpan green and I have a copper sink. The counters are a beautiful white/cream granite. My delima is deciding what color faucet and knob pulls to get. I don't want to be matchy matchy. The house is 100 yo and I'm trying to represent that as well, although I'm not glued. Please help! And a paint suggestion for the wall would be great! The ceiling is the original wood & we are painting it white. THANKS!!

Kommentarer (11)

• susancrny
    10 år sedan
    Love what you have so far!
    kisd81 thanked susancrny
  • kisd81
    Författare
    10 år sedan
    Thank you!! I meant seafoam...not deadpan green. (Thank you spell check). I agree about the chrome etc not looking. I want cohesiveness. It is open to the dinning area, and what u do in there will depend in what I do in the kitchen. I was thinking white ( the bottom half if dining area is pine paneling & I'm leaning toward painting that white. My fear is the 4 darling under the age of 10 that live with me.
  • Ann
    10 år sedan
    I really like the suggestion above about glass pulls - that would look great! For a faucet, I think ORB is by far the best with copper sinks. ORB would also be pretty as pulls with your cabinet color if the glass idea doesn't appeal to you.
    [houzz=
    Farmhouse Laundry Room · Mer info
    ]
    [houzz=
    Older Charming Home · Mer info
    ]
    houzz=
    Eclectic Kitchen · Mer info
    kisd81 thanked Ann
  • motownmom
    10 år sedan
    kisd81: My kids were 12 and 5 when I painted our lower wall paneling in the kitchen and family room white. No harm came to it, LOL.
    kisd81 thanked motownmom
  • kisd81
    Författare
    10 år sedan
    Motown mom: thank you for the encouragement!!!:) that gives me hope.Ann & motownmom: I love the idea of using glass pull knobs, I was just afraid it would look weird with my sink. Do you think I could pair ORB bin pulls for drawers w/ glass pulls with an ORB base for cabinets?
  • motownmom
    10 år sedan
    kisd81: I think you could pull off that pairing............some of the glass knobs at World Market have brass screws in the middle.........even if they don't come with brass screws, based on my numerous tours at home improvement stores, it would not be hard to find brass or brass colored insert screws for the knobs.
    kisd81 thanked motownmom
  • PRO
    Impact Home Staging Experts
    10 år sedan
    I love the selections so far, with this color pallet you can almost do anything with out making a mistake with paint. I suggest you select your back splash first to help you narrow the paint options. For tile i like the aged crackle look subway tiles, installed on a herringbone would be fantastic!I love to add vintage flair to more historic houses. I like the idea of aged bronze hardware and faucet, and bringing in some industrial looking light fixtures.
    kisd81 thanked Impact Home Staging Experts
  • Ann
    10 år sedan
    I think it could work. I searched houzz for "combo" looks with glass and this is what I found.
    [houzz=
    Jennifer Brouwer Design Inc · Mer info
    ]
    [houzz=
    amyr · Mer info
    ]
    [houzz=
    Kitchen Transformation · Mer info
    ]
    kisd81 thanked Ann
  • PRO
    Impact Home Staging Experts
    10 år sedan
    if you go with glass tile, find a unique shape. I like the 4 x 12 size.
  • kisd81
    Författare
    6 år sedan

This was the finished product. This space was originally 2 bedrooms, a laundry room, & a bathroom. I love love love how it turned out and have been searching for this thread to say thanks to everyone that gave suggestions!

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.