neano10

Help with Living Room Wall

neano10
10 år sedan
Finished new construction in fall and I have a wall in my fabulous living room that is huge and "off" balance. Have 11 ft ceilings and opposite of the wall is beautiful rustic stone fireplace. Style of the room is old world with stone, dark distressed flooring and iron. Everything gets lost on this wall and need some color. Any ideas or thoughts?

Kommentarer (15)

• PRO
    OasisDesign&Remodeling
    10 år sedan
    Perhaps a floor mirror to the right of the sofa & a large palm potted plant to the left of the sofa.
    neano10 thanked OasisDesign&Remodeling
  • PRO
    Warner Decor
    10 år sedan
    hi! I think you have a lovely place! Here is an idea to add color to the wall:

http://deciture.com/shop/decor/9/red-parade-dean-bradshaw/ (above the table)

Hope this helps!
    neano10 thanked Warner Decor
  • neano10
    Författare
    10 år sedan
    Warner Decor - I love the color it would bring to the space. I feel like there is too much of a "heavy metal" feel in the room with the lighting and a few other pieces -- needs softened and warmth. The "sofa" table is hand made with cooper insert - beautiful piece -- after looking at my photo not sure how I even like the lamps.
  • PRO
    Impact Home Staging Experts
    10 år sedan
    i think a wider piece of art would be great. it is a large wall to fill. 2 pcs as part of a series or 3 square 24x24 pcs would be perfect!
    neano10 thanked Impact Home Staging Experts
  • neano10
    Författare
    10 år sedan
    Impact Interior -- I thought about this -- having difficulty finding the "right" piece -- any suggestions with color? thanks
  • Jessica K
    10 år sedan
    A nice budget friendly way to decorate a wall is using fabric to create wall art/murals/frames
    neano10 thanked Jessica K
  • Jessica K
    10 år sedan
    Some more samples
  • neano10
    Författare
    10 år sedan
    What a unique idea - thank you.
  • neano10
    Författare
    10 år sedan
    Put them on canvas??
  • Jessica K
    10 år sedan
    You can use insulation boards from Home Depot which are a real cheap and easy way to display the fabric. Depending on the size you choose, if you want huge sizes then the foamy material was easy to work with
  • Jessica K
    10 år sedan
    4x8ft, 8x8ft, but it's harder to find fabric that will work with such big singular pieces. Smaller ones you can use poster boards even and just get savvy with a glue gun or staple gun.
    neano10 thanked Jessica K
  • PRO
    Yearley Interiors
    10 år sedan
    Hi! I do quite a bit of Old World Style Design and my rule of thumb is to make the room look like it was designed 150 years ago meaning it needs to have an "aged" look to pull the style off. The wall color you have now is a perfect undercoat for a aged "faux finish" a glaze can be applied on top and moved around with rags to really make those walls have age and dimension.
  • PRO
    Yearley Interiors
    10 år sedan
    Here are a couple examples of aged walls using faux techniques. It really changes the whole feeling of the room to bring about that Old World look to reality. The accessories, artwork, and furnishings now need to coordinate with this aged look to have some character and aging to them. Perfect flawless finishes would not be found in a truly old room but would have flaws and imperfections that tell a story about the piece. This can be done to existing pieces or they can be bought that way even though new OR you can add in a great antique piece here and there to bring it all together for a great space that feels like it has been there for 100 years :) Janette
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.