samantha_mcfadyen

need help with ideas to update this fireplace

Samantha McFadyen
10 år sedan
Need help for ideas with this fireplace -- the room is a living room - there is a window to either side of the fireplace --- room is sports themed

Kommentarer (7)

• Tracy Smith
    10 år sedan
    oh my goodness ... my fireplace is identical ... too funny and i faced the same dilemma this fall. What I ended up doing is whitewashing it, only not with white, but sandyhook grey BM. The result was a solid cover, but the roughness of the brick still shows through (versus a thick creamy cover when you use straight paint). It was quite easy, tons of tutorials on line and took a few hours. Really blends in nicely now and not an ice sore pulling so much attention to the pink/red/brown mix. When debating colours, i painted the options on bristol board and held them up to make sure the tone was right with the room and lighting. GOOD LUCK! Have fun.
  • PRO
    Advanced Construction Enterprises
    10 år sedan
    Look at my website on houzz and you can see the potential
  • PRO
    Advanced Construction Enterprises
    10 år sedan
    This is the before and after
  • Sarah Watts
    10 år sedan
    Change the drapes. The square drape with the neutral color clash for me. Instead of covering the brick, paint the matching shelf and bottom shelf to the fire place a dark color to match your beautiful floors. It'll give it that deeper sports theme room look, while staying classic. I'd recommend a solid green or red drape.
  • abbyjean
    10 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 10 år sedan
    Yes....the drapes need to go. Sorry. How about just blinds or shutters there?

Get some Rustoleum high heat paint and spray the brass fireplace piece.

How about some bobble heads on the mantle???? You must have some!!!
  • Samantha McFadyen
    Författare
    10 år sedan
    Thank u for the ideas. I agree on the drapes (they came with the house! ) but we have not tackled this room as the fireplace was daunting.
  • PRO
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.