debnsync

Hi, questions please about height of pendant lights/over island?

Debbie Sheegog
10 år sedan
I did not see this question asked already, so please could you pass on what is the acceptable, practical "norm" distance from the pendants lowest edge, to the island surface? I already have the 2 pendant stainless lights identical to these from another room that we have to switch out. I want them to work as well as enhance the kitchen. Do you add rheostats should they glare? They could possibly be at someone's eye-level, or glare right above our heads. Our existing island top measures 3" wide and 7" long; we may add another pendant, and have discussed additional lighting overhead from "eyeball" recessed lighting, since they can be adjusted somewhat and add different areas to be lit more. THANK you so much, Debbie.
San Francisco Kitchen & Bath · Mer info

Kommentarer (3)

• G S
    10 år sedan
    Take into consideration the heights of people who will gather at the island. Generally, pendant lights are hung 30 to 40 inches above the island,make sure they're not so low that someone sitting at the counter has to bend to see across the other side. If the island has a cooktop, the person standing should be able to cook without the light becoming a nuisance.
    Debbie Sheegog thanked G S
  • Debbie Sheegog
    Författare
    10 år sedan
    thanks, and I also read somewhere about measuring the height from the floor....I think now I have it! I love love them!
  • PRO
    Davis Raines Design
    8 år sedan

I like to install pendant fixtures 36" - 39" above an island or Kitchen table surface. I just installed a pendant over a Kitchen table and we ended up at 41" above the table surface because the ceiling height was 11'-6" and the fixture looked better in the space slightly higher than the standard measurement I like to use.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.