meliwhip

Need help choosing kitchen backsplash

meliwhip
10 år sedan
We are down to two choices for a backspash - both porcelain tile that have the look of natural stone. With either, we would do the subway 3 by 6 everywhere except over the range, where we would do a square of 1 by 1's on either a diagonal or straight pattern outlined with pencil molding. The first few photos are of the island, cabinets, and granite. The range hood is not yet up, but is a burnished copper. Granite is ice brown, cabinets are canvas and the island cabinets are cognac. The 3rd and 4th photos show the backslash choices. I am leaning toward the tile in photo 3 because it has both gray and brown tones, both of which are in the granite, as well as in our hood. The 4th choice is mostly brown. Thanks in advance for your help!

Kommentarer (10)

• meliwhip
    Författare
    10 år sedan
    Here are the two choices side by side in the same photo. Thanks again houzzers!
  • vjs12
    10 år sedan
    I like the first one because it goes better with the granite.
  • PRO
    Lewis Design-Build-Remodel
    10 år sedan
    I agree with the above mentioned and would go with the sample on the left (1st board) . Consider a minimum of an 1/8 inch grout joint when installing or you may risk it all bleeding together and looking like one big sheet of tile.
  • meliwhip
    Författare
    10 år sedan
    Thank you all for your feedback!
  • PRO
    Advanced Construction Enterprises
    10 år sedan
    I like the one on the left and would use a light grey grout to match the granite.
  • PRO
    Wailea Interiors
    10 år sedan
    The granite looks like Giallo Antico or Delecatus. Would you please confirm the granite color? We might be able to give you better advise with this information
  • meliwhip
    Författare
    10 år sedan
    Thanks for your comment. The granite is Ice Brown.
  • PRO
    Wailea Interiors
    10 år sedan
    With that information and the undertones of the color of the stone are brown instead of a grey, I would use a 3" x 6" noche travertine on a brick or staggered pattern. If the more prominent colors are greys, I would go with the same size tiles but in a silver travertine.
  • PRO
    User
    10 år sedan
    The color of the granite looks more "greenish" than the tile board on the left. Maybe it's the photo? A darker tile would not conflict with all the light tones but be in contrast to the light cabinets and counter top. The darker tile would also incorporate the island cabinet finish. I've attached an idea for you to consider.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.