shopper13

Are your doors and window available in triple pane?

shopper13
10 år sedan
After enough research I have found out that 3 pane windows/doors are the best solution for energy saving in summer as in winter.
Weiland Liftslide Sliding Door · Mer info

Kommentarer (9)

• celka
    10 år sedan
    could you tell someting more? why 3 panels....
  • shopper13
    Författare
    10 år sedan
    Tripple pane windows can have the lowest u-factor available, which is 0.15. This means the windows will not loose very much heat to the outside in the winter and it also prevents the hot air during summer to enter your home.
  • celka
    10 år sedan
    Sorry, I read "pane" as "panel"...yes triple-pane glazing units are certainly more energy efficient, but not all double-panes and triple-panes are equal. For instance, the standard double-pane used in Europe (4/16/4) is about as efficient as the standard triple-pane used in the US (3/8/3/8/3), where each number is the thickness of the glass and airspace in millimeters. Notice that the combined airspace is 16mm for both, hence about the same energy efficiency. The average European triple-pane is 4/16/4/16/4 which is about twice as efficient as the US counterpart. The reason that most US triple-panes are so skinny is that the window frames available cannot handle the width and/or weight of the glass--they are too weak. You are right in that it is possible to achieve a Uw value of 0.15 or below in a window, even in the US from some specialty window makers, but the price is still very prohibitive. Check out Alpen, Marvin, Pella, etc. for examples...but there are alternatives from Europe for less.
  • shopper13
    Författare
    10 år sedan
    Celka, thanks for the in depth answer. I do know about Marvin and I am aware that Europe has been much farther ahead as far as energy saving developments are concerned. My brother told me that you can get triple windows for about Euro 35.00 per square meter. The prices in Europe are less, I know, but how do you buy European windows and have them delivered to the States? Does the transport not make the price too high?
  • PRO
    Weiland by Andersen
    10 år sedan
    The number of glass panes, thickness of the glass and spacers, glass coatings and gas filled options are all variables that impact the efficiency of windows and doors. And different climates, exposures and product cost are all considerations when making the best choice for you and your home.

It’s fair to say that the most efficient glass make up will probably be a triple pane gas filled unit with appropriate coatings for your exposure. Again, the cost and benefit must be weighed for your situation. Unfortunately, you may not hear about benefits of this glass as many manufacturers discourage these options because their products are not capable of accommodating such glass or won’t operate properly because of the added weight or glass thickness.

Weiland’s Liftslide doors and Beefy Bifolds are designed to accept up to 1 ½” thick glass accommodating most triple pane options. Additionally, the robust hardware of Weiland’s lift and slide and Beefy Bifold doors are built to be easily operated, even if oversized with the added weight of triple pane glass.
  • shopper13
    Författare
    10 år sedan
    Thank you for your information, I might get back to you with more questions later!
  • shopper13
    Författare
    10 år sedan
    Celka, I will talk to my brother who is building and getting windows delivered right now and let you know. But I have a question, how come you know so much about this area, I have had the most difficult time trying to get some real information and you sound as if you have more than just researched knowledge. Would you mind sharing? Iris
  • celka
    10 år sedan
    Iris, I actually split my time between the US and Central Europe...I am Polish. My good friend actually has a small import company in Seattle that custom brokers windows, doors, and other high energy efficiency products from Europe to North America....and believe it or not, Poland supplies most of Europe's windows...so that is why I know....I am also in the process of a years long restoration and renovation of an old German farmstead in the north east central of the Czech Replublic...it will require many windows and doors....so I have recruited my friend to assist me with the project...we actually even visit many of these producers! My favorite are the small-medium producers of wood products...most are multi-generational carpentry shops that have transformed into modern production facilities...but the still retain their old-world charm and attention to detail!
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.