mandy_rogers

Can real hart pine floors be installed on a slab after removing carpet

Mandy Rogers
10 år sedan
Can real hart pine floors be installed on a slab after removing carpet?

Kommentarer (5)

• PRO
    Fini Design
    10 år sedan
    Hi there! Is that a slab of concrete? Because the installers need to nail this product in. Over concrete floors I use what's called a floating floor like engineered wood. The lock into place.
    Mandy Rogers thanked Fini Design
  • PRO
    Cancork Floor Inc.
    10 år sedan
    In some situtations "yes" a glue in place hardwood (or soft wood in this case) can be installed directy over slab. And in other places (Texas, Louisiana, Florida, etc) the answer is a big fat NO. A glue in place hardwood installation is a different ball of wax than any other form of installation. The adhesive, the wood and the cement must all be on the same page. Certain adhesives require low moisture...others can be used (when used thick enough) as the moisture barrier itself.

This is all heavily dependant on where you live, what the moisture content IN the slab is, if it has a vapour barrier incorporated underneath the slab AND if it is intact. Any of these things go wrong...and you will have the worst mess you can imagine.

The whole thing comes down to where do you live?
    Mandy Rogers thanked Cancork Floor Inc.
  • Mandy Rogers
    Författare
    10 år sedan
    Yikes....Mobile, Alabama?
  • PRO
    PPF.
    10 år sedan
    The house I grew up in (built in 1952 in Houston, slab on grade) had hardwood (oak) throughout, like every other home in the neighborhood.

The floor was nailed to sleepers which were stuck to the concrete with mastic -- looked like tar. The floors looked as good in 2006 when mom sold the house as when they were installed.

So yes, it can be done, but not easily in a remodel type install.
    Mandy Rogers thanked PPF.
  • nanlu
    10 år sedan
    We had an Armstrong engineered wood floor installed over a concrete slab six months ago. We actually didn't have a choice because we have radiant heat. However, I would go with this product again, because the floor looks beautiful, is wearing well and is quiet because of the padding placed between slab and wood.
    Mandy Rogers thanked nanlu
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.