truebluesally

I love this pool. What colour or stone is the inside of it?

Sally
10 år sedan
Pierce Lanucha Natural Swimming Pool · Mer info

Kommentarer (17)

• PRO
    Robins Nest Aquatics
    10 år sedan
    Inside the swim zone is black liner, there is no stone on it.
  • beezuss
    10 år sedan
    What of the possibility of attracting snakes?
  • clairepatmore
    10 år sedan
    how do you control algae in the water?- I find most natural pools seem to be very slippery, even though the water clarity is very good.
  • beezuss
    10 år sedan
    My pond is also a black poly and has attracted snakes and mosquitoes , vegetation only makes matters worse, I love the idea and look of thread natural pools, but a bit Leary.
  • beezuss
    10 år sedan
    These not thread
  • PRO
    Robins Nest Aquatics
    10 år sedan
    The bottom of any natural pool or pond is going to be slippery. Its live beneficial bacteria. If you have mosquitos, you are not moving the water fast enough through the closed system. Snakes eat frogs, you are going to have them, though I've never heard of one not leaving upon your entry to the pool. None of these questions, so far, do not also apply to standard pools. These pools are designed to support habitat, not prevent it. You either agree to live with nature, or take from nature, (Regular pools). It's your footprint.
  • beezuss
    10 år sedan
    All good information, but I disagree with your statement, merely questioning, does not automatically deem me a taker from nature. It's a personal concern.
  • beezuss
    10 år sedan
    Not offended in the least, I didn't realize I was walking in to a "soap box " platform but I get it. Wasn't trying to strike a nerve. Thank you.
  • PRO
    Robins Nest Aquatics
    10 år sedan
    Sorry for the soap box. 25 years of developing these our way, only to be threatened by European companies coming into the US with lawsuits, claiming they have the rights to natural pools here, then wanting a premium for doing it here. Theirs (the green ones) start at $100,000. For the privelage. We have built more here in Maine than are in the rest of the entire country. And no, we have no poisonous snakes. These pools/ponds probably don't fit in southern climates, more for unhealthy bacterial reasons, than snakes. By the way, i am an avid farmer/beekeeper/educator, a few more reasons for clean water. Again, very sorry, this is a passionate issue for me.
  • beezuss
    10 år sedan
    I appreciate and respect your efforts.
  • PRO
    Robins Nest Aquatics
    10 år sedan
    Thank you.
  • Tina Marie
    9 år sedan
    Would a Natural Pool work in the Florida Panhandle area?
  • PRO
    Spring Creek Aquatic Concepts
    9 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 9 år sedan
    Yes Tinaharper, but southern ponds require a more scientific design due to the heat and presence of poisonous snakes.
  • Tina Marie
    9 år sedan
    Makes sense ~ something to consider for sure! Appreciate your response :)
  • PRO
    The Philbin Group Landscape Architecture
    9 år sedan
    Love it, Had a client looking into natural swimming pond, I could not find a qualified consultant or Contractor in the general vicinity. I will show them your site. I am interested in this technology.
  • John Bryant
    9 år sedan
    any suggestions as to a qualified company to do Natural Pool in the southern states?
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.