leannsather

Have you ever heard of anyone heating a natural swimming pond?

leannsather
10 år sedan
We have a natural swimming pond in MN and I would love to heat it to extend the swimming session a little bit. Any ideas on an economical way to heat a natural swimming pond 5-10 degrees?
Pierce Lanucha Natural Swimming Pool · Mer info

Kommentarer (7)

• leannsather
    Författare
    10 år sedan
    Thanks for the idea. My husband did try to make what I called a "redneck" heating system by pumping water out through some hoses that were on panels for an attempt to provide solar heat. Our pond is 30,000 gallons, so I don't really believe it ever had any impact, but he swears it did. I really just want to warm the temp 5 degrees. Part of the problem is that the pond doesn't get in full sun until after noon and then looses sun around 5 pm- so if we just cut down the beautiful 100+ year old maple that shades it in the morning it would probably solve the problem. :) Which we are not going to do of course.
  • PRO
    Business_Name_Placeholder
    9 år sedan
    What about if you already have a pond, with springs, and wildlife (about 3/4 acre in size) and you want to make part of it into a natural swimming pool. Can that be done?
  • PRO
    Robins Nest Aquatics
    9 år sedan
    You may be able to isolate part of it with a stone wall or sandbag wall, to keep ir cleaner, but it would be tough to keep it as clean as a closed system.
  • PRO
    9 år sedan
    Why is that?
  • PRO
    Robins Nest Aquatics
    9 år sedan
    To isolate it and keep it cleaner. You still habe the challenge of keeping up with wster quality of the whole body of water.
  • PRO
    9 år sedan
    If you could wall off a third of it, would that work?
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.