frola123

should I tip cabinet installers?

frola123
9 år sedan
2 guys installed kitchen cabinets in 3 days (slow, but methodical & pleasant) . I bought them coffee& donuts. should I tip then & how much?

Kommentarer (10)

• PRO
    Indigo Kitchen & Bath
    9 år sedan
    If you agreed on a price and paid them in full, there is no need to tip. However, the coffee and donuts were fabulous! I try to buy my installers a Coke or lunch occasionally.
    frola123 thanked Indigo Kitchen & Bath
  • grobby
    9 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 9 år sedan
    Do you usually tip people who work in your home, i.e. , electrician, plumber. If you do or if you just want to because you liked their work, I say tip. Personally, I do tip the lawn person 10% because he gives me a great rate and he's working in horrible temperatures,something I hope I never have to do.
    Nice of you to give them coffee and doughnuts. You sound like a very kind person and I think working with someone who appreciates good work is a plus. Of course, tipping isn't required, but I say go with your heart, you won't regret it.
    frola123 thanked grobby
  • PRO
    Main Line Kitchen Design
    9 år sedan
    The one thing I'm sure of is that you must have been a pleasure to wok for. Coffee donuts and generosity always signals a great customer!
    frola123 thanked Main Line Kitchen Design
  • Nicole Hetherington
    9 år sedan
    What about if you're getting work done by a small independent company and the owner is doing all of the work and has been going above and beyond the call of duty? Still no tip?
    frola123 thanked Nicole Hetherington
  • PRO
    GN Builders L.L.C
    9 år sedan
    Tip is never expected, but sometimes Homeowners order a pizza, make coffee, etc On rare occasion a homeowner will tip the worker or two.

With that said, its hard for me to give advise on tipping because I tip everyone LOL the mail man, ups, garbage guys, you name it LOL It's just the way I was brought up and in my neighborhood in Brooklyn everyone gets a tip... My wife always yells at me for doing that.
    frola123 thanked GN Builders L.L.C
  • pattikee
    9 år sedan
    Be sure to let their boss or the company owner know what a great job they did. Write a letter of praise. Maybe they'll get a raise!
  • mcbmd3
    9 år sedan
    I tip the workmen, but never the owner. Even if it's a modest $10 each, it is a thoughtful gesture for a job well done. I also buy them lunch and fetch them coffee. Again, it is just a nice gesture of appreciation.
  • PRO
    Artisan Custom Closets
    9 år sedan
    In the custom closet business, tips are certainly not expected, but our installers do frequently receive them. Usually, if the homeowner asks for extra work (help moving a couch, hanging a large portrait, etc.) then they may throw the installer a few extra dollars. Sometimes, they get tipped for being fast, extra clean, pleasant to deal with, going out of their way, etc. Please don't feel obligated, though. Custom closets are quoted with an "all inclusive" price and tips are never expected.
  • PRO
    Artisan Custom Closets
    9 år sedan
    Yes, drinks and snacks are always nice!
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.