watergal123

Need advice for Living/Family Room Decor

watergal123
9 år sedan
We just purchased this house - here are three pictures of the area. It's not too deep but overlooks the waterfront. I want a light and airy feel in here. I was thinking about a sectional for the middle area.
What are some ideas to make this room come to life? Where should I look for furniture? Should I change the wall color? What about the area by the fireplace? I'd rather two comfy chairs facing one another if I can find two that will fit well (they can't be too oversized). All of the furniture featured is from the previous owner and will not be in the home once we move in. Thank you!!

Kommentarer (15)

• decoenthusiaste
    9 år sedan
    The odd light fixture in front of the FP would have to go unless you plan a dining table under it, and it is probably too close to the FP for that. Do you want to focus on TV as they have, or on the FP or the view outside? If you put TV where they have that large cabinet, you could place the furniture so that FP, TV and bar are in view, but your back would be to the windows. Where do you want the focus to be? The stairwell behind or at the end of the FP seems a bit weird - maybe a camera issue though.
  • watergal123
    Författare
    9 år sedan
    I would prefer the furniture face the view which is the waterfront along the windows. Thank you!
  • PRO
    The Original Charleston Bedswing co,llc
    9 år sedan
    how about an Original Charleston Bedswing in front of the fireplace> www.originalcharlestonbedswing.com
  • User
    9 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 9 år sedan
    The beautiful floors dominate the room. Use that as a starting point. Do you want neutral walls or something with blue-gray tones to reflect the waterside location? Maybe you should look for an inspiration piece, colors you love, whether it's a picture of a rug, some art, linen. Don't go out and buy anything until you fine- tune what appeals to you. One step at a time is best. Colors from nature are often helpful- shells, stones, tree bark. . .play around with them.
  • watergal123
    Författare
    9 år sedan
    I like this chair from restoration hardware for the fireplace area. Thoughts?
  • User
    9 år sedan
    I would get a nice big sisal/sea grass rug for the room;)
  • User
    9 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 9 år sedan
    I have a dream I hope to fulfil one day, and it is to put a trestle table with wing backs on each end in front of a fireplace... You have the perfect spot;)) I would put wicker wings on each end;) rest arrow on pic to enlarge
    Mountain House · Mer info
  • User
    9 år sedan
    The chair from RH is very nice but whether it will be suitable depends on your other furniture. The chairs are formal. Is that the look you want?
  • watergal123
    Författare
    9 år sedan
    What about the creme colored Easton sectional from room and board?
    http://www.roomandboard.com/catalog/living/sectionals/easton-sectionals
  • User
    9 år sedan
    Nice. Modern and comfy looking. But I don't think this sofa works with those RH chairs you were considering.
  • edithsmom
    9 år sedan
    Margo (and don't you look terrific!), I am lusting in my heart for the dining area you posted...just sooo inviting, isn't it? Of course, I have no where to put such an area in our home, but dreaming is good.
  • PRO
    Warner Decor
    9 år sedan
    Hi! I think I would do a mirror over the fireplace. Here are a few ideas for you:

http://deciture.com/arnia-antique-and-stylish-wood-metal-mirror/

http://deciture.com/cki-rectangle-wall-mirror/

http://deciture.com/ik-neveah-wall-mirror/

Hope this helps you!
  • User
    9 år sedan
    edithsmom- thanks;) and yes, I am always talking about finding a home to create that dream. I am not currently *living the dream*....
  • User
    9 år sedan
    I suggest you not purchase any chairs or sofa without first testing them out: access the comfort. Just because something looks good in a picture doesn't mean it feels good to sit upon.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.