twoforlunch

Help with vanity mirror please?

twoforlunch
8 år sedan

We are looking for very clean lines no frame no bevel

The recessed (no bevel) medicine cabinet 15 x 30 will be to the right just above the light switch.

Would love suggestions on the size of the mirror over the sink.

Should the top line up with top of the medicine cabinet or just under the light fixture? Should it go all across the length of the vanity or have some space at the sides?

Vanity: 41" wide X 23" deep

Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

Kommentarer (20)

• groveraxle
    8 år sedan

I think I would mirror the height and spacing of the medicine cabinet. Let me render it to be sure.

twoforlunch thanked groveraxle
  • groveraxle
    8 år sedan

Balanced, but kind of institutional-looking. Is this what you're going for?

twoforlunch thanked groveraxle
  • User
    8 år sedan

The Institute of Squares Incorporated, which I'm sure you cannot be!

twoforlunch thanked User
  • RubyRoses
    8 år sedan
    why are you wanting no bevel or frame? pop a black frame on that mirror and really would change the look
  • User
    8 år sedan

A bit better.

twoforlunch thanked User
  • User
    8 år sedan

Crossed post.

• PRO
    Madera Kitchen & Bath
    8 år sedan
    Too the wall and the the ceiling. Have them cut a hole for the light and mount it on top.
    twoforlunch thanked Madera Kitchen & Bath
  • lynartist
    8 år sedan
    No, just no
    twoforlunch thanked lynartist
  • User
    8 år sedan

Lol, I got into trouble for saying that last night, Lynn.

• Jennifer K
    8 år sedan

Tribble, "trouble" is your middle name. I don't see how you can ever be out of it.

• User
    8 år sedan

Follow me, Jennifer.

• lynartist
    8 år sedan
    Do what Madera kitchen said!
  • lynartist
    8 år sedan
    Only mirror the side wall too
  • User
    8 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 8 år sedan

I can see that you're repeating shapes. If you want a smaller mirror than whole wall (I like whole wall), why not repeat the oval already in the room?

• tatts
    8 år sedan

Yeah, do what Madera said...and it will look like every '70s house that people are ripping the mirrors out of in 2016.

Look--it's bathroom--you need to see yourself clearly and evenly lit. That's all. You don't need to see the other 16 square feet of the back wall of the bathroom reflected in a mirror wall.

What you do need is to get rid of that light and put lights on either side of the mirror at face level so you can see yourself as others see you, and you can see the details of your makeup and check your teeth, etc. You can't do that with the harsh shadows from a single light up toward the ceiling. That's Bathroom Lighting 101.

• lynartist
    8 år sedan
    If you are going to put up a plain piece of mirror, no frame, no bevel , the same size as that medicine cabinet then I would prefer a retro look any day!
  • lynartist
    8 år sedan
    Because right now this looks like the rest room in a gas station
  • lynartist
    8 år sedan
    Examples
  • twoforlunch
    Författare
    8 år sedan

Thank you all. I left out mentioning that the mirror there now is a stick on mirror that I got at 99cent store just so my son could brush his teeth. Don't seem to have gotten a consensus, but I appreciate your ideas and input! The renderings and examples were very helpful! Thank you!!

Sponsrad

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.