lidorandco50

New master bath. Ugh so many choices. Please help!!!

7 år sedan
I'm building a new home. There are so many choices. I just found this app and I'm loving it. So many talented people on here. I'm posting a picture of a vanity I saw and love. So I'm making that one. Now I chose 24 by 24 white polished thassos for my flooring. Now I need to choose the accent wall. I bought a large oval freestanding tub. Which tile do I accent the wall with ? Here are the choices.

Kommentarer (46)

• 7 år sedan

Upper-left sample seems really interesting. Neat combination of finishes.

• PRO
    7 år sedan

I love the marble piece in the middle, seems like the most classic choice and one you'll be less likely to get sick of. Perhaps you could find a marble herringbone like the image I've attached below?

• 7 år sedan

Both zig-zag patterns are nice, but the upper left looks more interesting. For the floor, just make sure it's not slippery

• PRO
    7 år sedan

Great taste! We love either at the top of the photo, as they compliment the reflective part of the vanity. Both are great choices.. As far as the polished flooring, just be sure it is slip resistant.

Best of luck to you with this beautiful new space!

Crystal Kitchen + Bath

• PRO
    7 år sedan

My selection would be the upper left marble with the white/grey pattern paired up with the grey wood vanity. You mentioned Thasos marble for the floor, although marble is elegant and beautiful be aware that it requires maintance and will also be subjected to staining. You might like to consided a large format white procelain tile instead for the floor. Same look, just a little more practical. Good luck with your new home.

• 7 år sedan

So far love your choices, but keep in mind if you make your accent wall too busy it will compete with other pieces in your room. Choose what you want to be the focal point. The vanity? The floor? The Wall? But not all 3. I'd err on making the wall too plain. You can always put up lovely wallpaper if you feel you need more pizzaz. Plus it's much less expensive and easier to change.

• 7 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 7 år sedan

Upper left as an accent; as long as balances with the vanity. Or, maybe as a running backsplash.

• 7 år sedan
    love top left
  • 7 år sedan
    Well. That was a fail. Since the price of that tile is $52/sq foot. My husband nixed it quick. He likes this marble. The stripes gray and white very modern look. He wants to buy 2 slabs and fabricate it as the accent wall. But I don't think it would look glam. I think it's too modern. What do you guys think? He says the price of 2 slabs is in our budget. But I don't know ? Advice please!?
  • 7 år sedan
    Tip right white one
  • 7 år sedan
    Can't. Not in my budget. This gray and white marble stripe is. But I think it's too modern. It's going up the wall over an oval freestanding tub with huge palladium window. With vanities I posted already. But 2 vanities. Not one.
  • 7 år sedan
    Maybe just bottom half of wall then around tub then?
  • 7 år sedan
    Love the large herringbone pattern. Smaller patterns too small for the room I think. I am assuming the bathroom is fairly large
  • 7 år sedan
    try doing the herringbone as just a stripe within a less expensive tile
  • 7 år sedan

My advice would be to find a comparable tile to the one you love that is within your budget. The stripe grey & white is very busy; decide what piece you want to be the star of your bathroom, the cabinetry, the floor or the walls; whichever one you choose the rest of the accents should be in a supporting role so everything isn't competing for your eye. Check out finished bathrooms on Houzz/Pinterest.

• 7 år sedan
    I'm going today to finalize it. I will choose a cheaper version of what I love. I do like the chair rail with herringbone idea. I'm just not loving that stripe marble. Here's my problem everything is so white. Plain polished white tiles everywhere. I need something to change that up. I need to bring in some luxury. This is a fairly large room. With a tremendous palladium window. I will post pics after I meet with my tile company and designers.
  • 7 år sedan
    I got this calacutta gold for my accent wall. It was in my budget.
  • 7 år sedan
    Upper left us stunning
  • 7 år sedan

It's pretty. Where is this going to be installed? behind the tub?

• 7 år sedan
    @printesa. Yes the tub is a large freestanding oval tub centered in front of huge palladium window. On both sides I and am building a 42" vanity. On that whole wall I will install these calacutta thin line mosaic tiles to the ceiling. Now all I need is to choose a chandelier. I'm thinking about that round crystal one I see on a lot of the pics on houzz. Anyone have an idea for a chandelier ?
  • 7 år sedan

Which chandelier do you have in mind?

• 7 år sedan
    not really sure of your light budget or style direction, but here are a few from houzz
  • 7 år sedan
    The third one is amazing. I love it! Great price too!
    I'm also in love with the Hudson ones. They look like jewelry. I put the linear one in my dining room and another one in same family for my foyer.
    I shouldn't do another for my bathroom right?
    I would go with the third one ruby suggested.
  • 7 år sedan
    the Geneva one is a beautiful light.
  • 7 år sedan
    I looked at some similar to your Hudson and they were all 1500-4000. ouch!
  • 7 år sedan
    @rubyroses. I think I have to shop on houzz. Wow the one you posted I love and it's under $300. I saw it at Klaffs for $1300. Yes those Hudson ones are pricey. They are sitting in a box in my home. I can't wait to see them hung. I'm going for your suggestion. It's perfect. Thank you!!
  • 7 år sedan
    nice! can't wait to see your finished bath.
  • 7 år sedan
    @rubyroses. I'll def post pics when done. Thank you.
  • 7 år sedan
    Picture of accent wall. While still working on it
  • 7 år sedan

It looks nice

• PRO
    7 år sedan
    I notice what looks like significant color change in lower left corner? Tiler needs to mix sheets better? Do you see issues at joint points between tile sheets. These small things will look bigger once grout goes in. Just check those things out before you get much further. Easier to fix now than later.
  • 7 år sedan
    Here's an update. This is a pic I took a few days ago. And I just love how it's turning out. But today I walked in and he was grouting it and it looked so much lighter. Too light. He just started grouting it. So please tell me if the grouting process will darken it when done. I never took a pic of it today. But here are some pics. And I died and went to heaven when walked in my bathroom. It was hard to capture color because of lighting. So I did one closeup so you can see it. And Flo. I see what you are saying. I hope it will look okay. They have to tile it to top and finish grouting. But the grout made it look too light I didn't like it. It was only 1/4 done. I hope it can darken when he is done. I hated it today. I wish a took a pic.
  • PRO
    7 år sedan

Depends on your grout color. If it is light, it will lighten it even more. If darker, it will outline all the pieces and stand out more. Tough situation. I would go for light grout. It will be easier to work with. Also, kind of think of this as "grass cloth". When it is hung, there are clear lines where the wallpaper strips met up. Once you get furniture and window treatments and rugs and accessories are in, everything will be less important than it looks now. Sure aren't taking this all down at this point! This is a downside of this type tile and any tile where the sheets mesh up together. Very hard to get to look great.

• 7 år sedan
    @flo. Phew I did choose white for grout. This is a calacutta gold mosaic. I was lucky and got it for $14/sq ft so my husband was happy. The original choice was $50/sq ft. You are right. When my tub is in and vanities and chandelier I'm hoping it will look amazing. I chose this tub. I don't know what to do for window coverings at all!
  • PRO
    7 år sedan

Great! Glad I was here for you! Yes, chandeliers MAKE rooms, so you will be fine! Calacutta Gold is great and white is the right choice. Hope it all works out for you. It will. But this is a hair raising experience for sure!

• 7 år sedan

It would look better if you could take the tile up the the ^ peak above the window. Don't stop now!

• 7 år sedan

For windows, I would do roman shade. I have a similar window in the bathroom and that is what I am thinking to do.I like the shades from Ado http://ado-usa.com/treatment-type/shades/

• 7 år sedan
    @flo. I need to choose a paint color. Any ideas ? Def light on gray scale. Almost white. What do you think ? Or anyone else reading this thread ?
  • 7 år sedan
    @leelee. Def taking it up to top! Job is not done ! But yes. Thank you. Would look strange if not!
  • 7 år sedan
    Love upper left! I saw this one in the tile showroom and loved it!
  • 7 år sedan

The mosaic seems to be more on the gray/blue so I think a light gray with blue undertones will work for the paint.

Here is an example of a bathroom with the calacatta gold tile and Sherwin-Williams 'Mild Blue' paint. If it's too blue, you can find lighter versions

Made for Two · Mer info

• 7 år sedan

Some lighter colors are SW Rarified Air, BM Lily White

• 7 år sedan

Do you happen to remember the name of the chevron tile on the top left? Or what it was made out of / manufacturer?

• 7 år sedan
    At my tile store it's called Mosaique Surfaces Metis Warm.
  • 7 år sedan
    We have Benjamin moore's pale oak as the paint in our white kitchen which has a calacatta gold backsplash. But that color is a warmer greige and doesn't have a blue undertone.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.